Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attach Search Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys ,

I´m following the procedure in other to find a search help :

1) I go to the transaction code ,get the F1 help for the field, take its technical information for this filed but its not there,

2) Double click on that filed, it will lead me to SE11, I go to the "Entry help/check" tab , thereI should find the search help name under "srch help" column , the field is empty.

So I don´t understand Why in the field I have a search help attached and I can´t find it , How I can find it , I want to modify it.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think there is no search help for the field.

You have to create your own search help by going transaction SE11.

and one more thing is goto the data element level and check the whether search help is assigned there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Next place to try is the PAI of the screen, look for the section PROCESS ON VALUE-REQUEST and find the module attached to your field. This code will include the method used to generate the search list.

Regards,

Nick

0 Kudos

Hello , On PAI modules I dont have section PROCESS ON VALUE-REQUEST .

0 Kudos

The seach help can be assigned in the scren. Go to SE51 and seclect the screen number. Go to the layout editor and verify the field attributes. Look for seach help in the attributes.

0 Kudos

Finally , I have to make a debbug , and I ´ve found the function F4IF_DETERMINE_SEARCHHELP it gave me the name help . Thank you everyone