cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IFRS/OFRS replicated in cluster?'

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I want know if its posible configurated a cluster BO with two servers, and the FRS configurated with a local path for both servers. the FRS will be replicated.

If only one FRS could be up at the same moments, is there any problem??

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not recommended to have multiple FRS (servers and filestores) for a clustered environment. It will cause issues if you do. Please refer to the Admin guide for more details.

Logically, one FRS service will only access one filestore at a time. If user1 logs in, he/she m,ay not ba ebla to see all the content (coz some contect may be in the other FRS).

Hope this helps.

Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem it's that we have only two server.

We haven't NAS or SAN...etc.

And the only solution that we have thinking its the FRS replicated with Microsoft DFS.

If one user, for example user1 connect to cluster and the server down maybe not will see the last objects but it better than nothing, not?

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can do it. The FRS's should be in sync though. I found a good thread on this on another forum but I am not sure if I am supposed to paste it here.

Moderator, my apologies if I wasn't supposed to paste a thread from another forum.

http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=103630

Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos
    • A little correction on my first post. You can absolutely have multiple FRS servers in a clustered environment**

In a BOXIR2 system only one File Repository Server of each type (Input & Output) is active at a time, any other FRS's that are running are in passive mode

In a clustered environment it would be common to have an IFRS & OFRS on each machine for failover & they would be running all the time but only one of each FRS is actively maintaining IO's. The Passive FRS will take over should the Active FRS fails.

Answers (0)