Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,y

i am very new to SAP SD

i have never work on free good secenario.

If my customer order gives me order of 100 quantity i will give him 10 peices free

can anybody help me in configaring this senario

It will be very helpful for me

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Akash

These questions are frequently answered in this forum.Pls make a relevant search before you make a post.

Make a small search "free goods" and u will have the answer.

One such reference is given below where in a similar question is answered

Rejit

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are 2 types of Free Goods.

1. Inclusive Free Goods -- I.e. if a customer buys 5 Pieces , he has to pay only for 3 Pieces.

2 Exclusive Free Goods-i.e. if a customer buys 2 materials, he ll get one free- (as in your case)

For Exclusive Free Goods.

1 Goto VBN1-Condition type AA00(Std)-Press Button -Exclusive)-Left Top-Maintain Sales Org- Distb Ch--Cutomer & Material-

2.Maintain Min Qty.

3.For Tab--For E.g-2

4. Add fG--1

5.Cal--1Prorata

6.If material is diff from original-Then mAintain Add mat free gd Tab(For e.g Buy 2 pants get one shirt free.

Pls Note -- item category for free goods would be TANN--- Not relevant for pricing..

Revert for further clarification.

Regards

Amit Gupta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

use this notes it will usefull step by step configaration.

Business considers to provide free goods instead of monetory discounts. Ex : If the dealer buys 5 water coolers 1 cooler is given free if the purchases are made before 30-11-06 if the customer buys 1.5 TR Air Conditioners he will be offered a DVD player free till 30-11-06.

There are 2 methods to offer free goods 1. Inclusive 2. Exclusive

Description Inclusive Exclusive

Minimum quantity 10 10

Free goods 2 2

Ordered quantity 30 30

No.of free goods 6 6

Goods delivered to the customer 30 36

Charge quantity 24 30

Items not charged 6 6

Item Same as ordered Free goods can be differed.

This function is also can be created by using condition technique

Menu Path :

Imgu2026 sdu2026 basic functions u2026 free goods.

Select condition technique for free goods

A) Standard procedure = NA0001

B) Condition type = NA00

C) Access sequence = NA00

D) Condition table = 10 Customer/material

Select maintain pricing procedure.

Select NA001 and copy as Z00001

Free goods

Select copy all and save

Select activate free goods determination

Similar to assignment of pricing procedure

Position and select your

Sales organization + distribution channel + division =

Ex : v002 + vd + v1 + a + 1 +z00001

save.

To test the free goods first create the condition records

Menu path:

Logistics u2026 sdu2026 master data u2026.

Select VBN1 to create.

Select discount type = NA00 (contition type)

When you enter in the overview screen default free goods method is inclusive

In case if you need to maintain EXCLUSIVE select exclusive button

Maintain field values (free goods are customer specific)

A) Material : (The material which is ordered) = VCOOL

B) Minimum qty = 10 (The minimum order qty eligibility

C) From : The calculation will start from the quantity, can be equal to minimum quantity or less

D) Uni = unit (PL)

E) Are free goods = free goods quantity = 1

F) Add = add quantity = PC

G) Calculation method : select 1 for prorate

Check the free goods determination in the order.

The free goods determination is controlled by item category

The item category will be determined separately for main item and sub item

Main item

Sales doctype + item category determination for subitems will always depend on main item

In the document system will maintain the relationship as higher level item and subitem

The sub item will be assigned to the line item number automatically.

Item no. Material Hr.level item Item category

10 VCOOL TAN

11 VCOOL 10 TANN

Item category determination for sub item is govern by following assignment rule.

Rule :

Sal.doc type + item category group + usage + hr.level item category + default item category

ZVOR + NORM + FREE + TAN + TANN

Usage refrers to a program

Another example = TEXT

OR + NORM + TEXT + TATX

(TEXT = USAGE)

What is the difference between TAN and TANN

For TANN is relevant for delivery billing pricing with 100% discount but not relevant for credit limits

EXCLUSIVE :

Again select VBN1

Select NA00 u2013 select exclusive

The condition record entry will remain same

Till calculation method. Here the system will add additional field add material number of the goods (which is different from ordered material) otherwise system considers same material as free

Create order and test

Here system will again create the sub item as different.

The condition type R100 (100%disc.) is automatically activated. R100 is activated because of fulfillment of the requirement 55 and and the system used alternate condition base value. (altcbv) is 100% discount.

Best Regards,

venkatasamy.y

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Free goods is a condition technique. Before that define a new item catg for free goods TANN.

For this you first need to define the condition tables. Give a suitable key combination for the tables as per the business requirement.

Then create an access sequence & define the search cretiria basing on which the system will search the tables. For eg when you define 2 tables Customer / material & material, then you need to specify that system will check Cust / material in step 10, then material in step 20. Check the exclusive indicator if you want the system to stop going to the next table if it finds the value in the current table.

Define a new condition type & assign the acces sequence type to it.

Define the free goods determiantion procedure & assign it to your sales area.

Finally maintain the condition records,. When maintaining the condition records you can choose to define an inclusive or exclusive free goods

For eg if the customer orders 100 items, 10 items as inclusive free goods then the total num of items is only 100. Billing is done for 90 items only. This is possible if you give same item as a free item. If the customer buys 100 pencils, he will pay only for 90 pencils in inclusive free goods

If you choose to give 10 items as exclusive free goods, tehn the total num of items is 110. Billing is done for 100 items & 10 items are free. Here you can choose to give a different item as a free goods. If a customer buys 100 pencils, then you give him 10 sharpners as free goods.

Refer http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/90/758534c960a134e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm for further info.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi there..

free goods technique is one of the basic fucntion type in sap sd. it follows the condition technique like eg: pricing .. and as it is a part of basic functions it should be assigned to a document type to show the result.. for this u can go to basic functions and free goods.. and try to create "condition tables >access sequence->condition types---> u can copy these from the standard ones" and assign the condition type to a free goods proceadure.. and as i said before u have to assign this proceadure to a sales doc .. for it to fucntion ..

after this you have to create condition records .. these records exist inside the condition tables.. for this go to transaction code "vbn1" and choose the table combination that u would like to issue free goods.. and maintain the condition record.. (u can also maintain free goods from the create pricing condition records "vk11" ) but somehow it doesnt work .. so try to work it out with "vbn1"

best regards

bj