cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Client copy of client independent customizing different from workbench??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This will be easy points for the answers, as far as I know client independent customizing is like the so called workbench data so If I use a client copy profile for customizing + client independent customizing SAP_EXPC I am copying the workbench. Am I wrong??

We got an answer from sap (haven't seem the note yet) to an OSS note someone from here wrote and SAP person is telling that there is no way to do a Client Copy that includes workbench.

As far as I remember from the SAP training (I'm certified NW 04) the workbench is the same than client independant customizing.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Workbench request contains code changes and Customizing transport request contains customizing (table) changes.

So when you do client copy, the system would export data out of tables and import it into target system.

However no code is ever copied in client copies hence SAP is right when it says Client copy doesn't copy workbench data.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

Thanks for your reply, I just wanted to ask something else, ABAP code is in the Database, thats why I thougth that if you do Client Copy with Client intependent Customizing the system was moving also ABAP code.

So as per your answer I assume that the export don´t take code, just only customizing changes either dependant or independant, Does this sounds right to you?

Thanks a lot, I was very confused about this.

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes,

ABAP Code does not move in client copies.

Only customizing and Data moves.

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for clearing this for me.

It doesn´t make much sense to me why SAP hasn´t created a copy profile that includes Workbench because if we copy cross client customizing why not copy ABAP code also because copying cross client customizing should be done only on clean systems so it won´t matter if the copy modifies ABAP code, I guess that there is more involved on this than the way I see it.

Thanks again.

Edited by: Alberto Castillo on Sep 19, 2008 4:15 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nobody???,, probably it is to silly or I´m very wrong and nobody wants to hit me.