Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BDC options for recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all gurus!

When we go to SHDB, we have 4 options to set - Default Window, Don't end recording after commit, simulate background mode and "No BDC mode".

I guess I am aware of the meaning of No bdc mode -> which probably means that SY-BINPT will be SPACE if I set it to X.

No end of BDC after commit is also obvious that it will not end BDC after COMMIT. But when should we set it while recording?

What is SIMULATE background mode? Does it mean SY-BATCH is set to 'X"? When we run BDC in session mode, is Sy-batch set to 'X'? Should we set this parameter or not? This is not clear.

Also, in what scenarios should we check Default window?

My understanding is that it should not matter how we set the parameters while recording. Important thing is we should code in similar manner. So whatever was set while recording, same should be set while coding in CTUPARAMS. Is it correct?

Thanks in adv !

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the following thread

0 Kudos

Thanks, but I had seen that link earlier. It is all CATS related and my query has got nothing to do with CAT related recording.