cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSO - Courses not launching on the portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

When I am trying launch courses I am getting a Java error / dump. It all worked OK until yesterday and we have not done any changes in the environment.

Has someone experienced this before?

Pl suggest how I should troubleshoot this

Thanka

Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There could be multiple reasons. JCO connections might have broken, or something related to access may be failing, Cache might be full. If you have not done any changes and access is fine then i suppose the problem lies at the basis end. Check with your basis consultants.

Thanks,

Preetham

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the prompt reply

We are all trying to figure out what is happening (basis included) .. we will check JCO connection .. any other pointers .. anything else we should be checking?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Clearing the stack/cache might be helpful. If you could post the initial few lines of dump with error message, experts may be able to give you some suggestions/solutions.

Thanks,

Preetham

Former Member
0 Kudos

any help please

Former Member
0 Kudos

Matt,

Did you try to run LSO application from backend.

Please post the trace file

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

At a minimum, launch the Repository Explorer (not from inside the AE, but launching directly from your desktop so you are using it as an administrative tool). Connect to your master repository, then run a function test (from the menu Tools>Function Test in LSO 300) and a consistency check (Tools>consistency check). See if everything passes, or whether it suggests any problems which you can follow up on.

Another possibility that comes to mind is perhaps Basis made a change to the KM Content Management folders where your LSO content is residing. They need to be marked as public in order for learner to be able to pull content. I'm familiar with this because once Basis applied some Basis support packs to our dev system and we could not pull up WBT's until we figured out that we needed to go back and manually fix this setting again so that our folders were marked as public.

Hope this helps.

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys

Thanks for your responses .. awarded you points

Matt