cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, all!

I'm trying to define an approval template for sales order documents. I managed to do that with "Total Document" term and "Discount %" term, but I can not understand the "Gross Profit %" term.

I have defined a template with "Gross profit %" term checked, the ratio set to "Greater than" and the "Value" set to "500".

I create a sales order and add one item with quantity of 1. Its sale price is $400, the last purchase price is $23 (base price is determined as the last purchase price - that from the Document settings window). When I Open the Gross profit window for the sales order there is the item I have added and the gross profit is as goes:

Gross Profit: $377 - which comes from $400-$23 in fast

Profit %: 1639.130 - that comes from $377/$23 because in documents settings it is defined to calculate % gross profit as Profit/Base Price

That means the total gross profit % for the sales order should equal 1639.130 (that's the total result displayed at the bottom of the gross profit grid).

When I try to create the sales order the SAP B1 application shows a window that asks me to add remarks. Clicking OK on that form will result in creating a draft instead of a sales order. So far so good.

Now I open the approval template and change the value for the gross profit % to "600". Then I once again try to create a new sales order using the same settings (the item is the same, quantity too, BP also the same). When I click the "OK" button on the order's form no additional window is shown and the sales order gets created. !!!!!!!!!!!!

I hoped that this second order will trigger the approval process just like the first one since the overall gross profit % (1539.130) is way above the template's boundary (600), but that does not happen.

Could you explain me why is that.

And also I don't understand the meaning of "Undefined Type" term in terms tab. What does it mean and if used how is it calculated?

Regards, Yavor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yavor,

Your quesion is a little bit too long for anyone to completely read it easily. My suggestion: make your question shorter by spliting it to more than one posts in the future.

Just answer your last question. The Undefined Type term in terms tab means all other types not defined by system. In other words, all user query based approval will fill in this category. You don't need to select it. It automatically assigns for you.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon!

To put it simply what does "Gross Profit %" term in approval templates stand for.

Regards, Yavor

Former Member
0 Kudos

"Gross Profit %" term here is no special meaning but the formula you correctly showed on your posting.

However, the actuall "Gross Profit %" in your sales order might not be as the same as you think it should be. Check the second sales order's "Gross Profit %" again to see what it was recorded by B1.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon!

If gross profit % it is not calculated the way I described earlier than is there some documentation on how it is actually done.

BTW, It seems that the order table in the database holds only the gross profit amount not teh percentage itself. I'll have to investigate it further, but the SDK help does not suggets filed other than GrosProfit, GrosProfFC, GrossBase, GrosProfSy

GrosProfit and GrosProfSy both equal 377 as I have expected

GrossBase is the price list I think.

GrossProfFC equals 0

Regards, Yavor

Former Member
0 Kudos

This thread is discussing the Gross Profit. It may have some value to you:

Thanks,

Gordon

Answers (0)