cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DTP: Master data table, or text table, is already locked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an issue during the load of the attributes of an InfoObject. I loaded from R/3 in a PSA an then I use a DTP in delta mode to load data.

The load is stopped with the message "Master data table, or text table, is already locked." in the "Updating attributes for InfoObject" stage

No dump, the job in SM37 is ended successfully and the protocol ends like that:

Master data table, or text table, is already locked.--RSDMD--119

Technical status 'Red' (user COJO)--RSBK--224

Overall status 'Red' (user COJO)--RSBK--225

GET LOGID FOR REQUEST 61.437--RSAR--051

Job finished--00--517

No lock entries in SM12 or RS12.

By default the DTP uses 8 processes, I fixed it to 1 but the same error still occurs.

Is anyone having an idea?

Many thanks,

Co.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

take a look at:

Master data table locked

SAP Note Number: [316329 |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bw_whm/~form/handler]

Loading master data: Monitoring messages when deleting locks

SAP Note Number: [586295 |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bw_whm/~form/handler]

Deleting master data: lock (table RSMASD) remains

SAP Note Number: [613951|https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.docs/oss_notes/sdn_oss_bw_whm/~form/handler]

Regards

Andreas

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Co,

Greetings.

We faced the similar issue in our project too.

It was happening because of a entry with failed attribute change run for that infoobject. You have to go to change run screen and delete the entries or change the status to original.

We were able to execute the change run after that and all the entries started reflecting.

You can try the same.

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

We had the same problem too, no locks in SM12 or RS12 etc.

Turns out there was a failed Attribute Change run that was locking the masterdata table.

To fix it I:

- went into RSA1,

- tools->Apply Hierarchy/Attribute Change

- click on the Change Run Monitor (bottom of the screen)

- this showed 2 runs that were in error.

- next to each one there is the option to "reset the status" (a button with a back-arrow)

When I did this to the two failed jobs, it unlocked the object and we were able to load data to it again.

T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

This solved my problem

Best regards.

former_member207028
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

check the Same Infoobject is loading with process chain or having attribute change run, master data and text data load should not run parallely.

hope this helps

Regards

Daya Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Andreas, I had already checked those notes and no one is my case. I have no lock in RS12 or SM12. This problem occurs only in integration environment, even if it's exactly the same DTP as in production (which runs fine).

Daya, thanks for your answer but since I'm working alone in integration environment, there is no problem of lock due process chains, change run, etc.

I'm still investigating

mr_v
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am also facing the same issue (only attribute data loads) with process chain DTP loads. Not with the manual loads.

Initially, I thought this is because of many parallel paths (we have many in PC) of attribute data loads. In SM12 no locks. No error messages.

I thought of changing PC to reduce parallel paths.Now it looks like u arfe getting this with manual loads. Let me know, if u find any.

Thanks