Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STMS History

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have done a system refresh last week.

Now the problem is I cannot able to find old imported transport requests in transport history / buffer.

I need to retrieve last 3 months imported transport requests list.

Is it possible to retrieve the data?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prem,

Can you explain, what do you mean by system refresh?

See, in general, when ever you perform a system refresh, the source system tables will be replaced by target system table contents. So, there is no chance of getting back that data.

If you are just looking for, the list of transports moved into the old system, try to restore the system back on some other box.

with regards,

Rajesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh,

I have restored already, now system is running from another box, also I have got a list of tranport requests.

Anyother way to find without restoring the data?

Like retrive from any other log file or repoisory table??

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

TMS reads the import history from a table TPALOG which is filled after a transport with the data from the ALOG file(s) in the transport directory (subdirectory log).

As this is a table it is copied with the data from the source system of the system copy. This is indeed correct, because the current system does not contain (in the database) the old transports but the transports which were imported to system

(source system of the system copy).

If you want to know which old transports were imported you can use the ALOG files for information or the detailed transport logs.

The other option now to see the old import history is to re-read the ALOG file. But you need to carry out the following steps

1. Take the conents(copy) of the table TPALOGHDR, TPALOG (backup)

2. Delete the entries from the TPALOGHDR for the time frame

3. Re-read the import history for the timeframe.

If it works its fine..otherwise..follow the below procedure

I would still suggest to check the ALOG files if you really keen to check the old history.

Please review the notes below..they should really help you.

808070 Missing transport requests in import history

375230 TMS: incomplete import history

101726 Incorrect times and time zone setting

The above should really solve the problem

Thanks & Regards,

Pradeep Srigiri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pradeep,

Fantastic, I will try and get back to you.

Thanks for your support.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

a solution (it may help even if it is late to reply). is to change all values of column TARSYSTEM of TPALOG table with the new system name.

By this way you gonne have the same history between the source and target system.

Regards

Mourad

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Pradeep,

Any other way to get back the import history?

Thanks.