cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chinese characters in PDF download of SAPscript

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I'm facing an issue while downloading SAPscript output in PDF format. The chinese characters fetched from the SAP tables appear as '#' or some junk value whereas the values hardcoded in script with appropriate character formats appear absolutely fine in PDF. The values fetched from table appear fine when output is taken as normal SAPscript output.

Can someone help me out in this regard. Helpful answers will be rewarded points.

Thanks,

Jaison

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check font family, the used font family should be supported to PDF of Chinese language.

Regards,

Raju.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your SAP Unicode? What language is the SAPScript? When you print the fetched chinese text what font are you using in the SAPScript?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the system is unicode, the font family is CNSONG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

CNSONG should work, I use that with Chinese PDFs.

You're using CNPDF so that isn't the problem.

You're Unicode which eliminates a host of other possibilities.

And the characters print fine with non-PDF SAPScripts...

I'm running out of ideas. It sounds like you've done everything you need to.

What method are you using to convert this SAPScript to PDF form? CNPDF Printer, a Function Module, something else? If a FM, which one are you using?

Could it be your Adobe Reader? Does it have the chinese language fonts loaded?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the help. I also feel that i've done almost everything possible. The paragraph formats with CNSONG are behaving inconsistently. Some of the table values are printing now but some aren't. Any ways thanks for the guidance.

Regards,

Jaison

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe you need to use the CNPDF device type for Chinese PDF's instead of the PDF1 device type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have tried that but there is no difference as such.

Regards,

Jaison