cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

configure "best practise baseline" manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts!

I'm studying SAP ERP as a student. I am interesting in SD. I have read the certification material TSCM and SCM.

Now I am waiting for your advice whether I need to configure "best practise baseline" manually.

We see, it will take a lot of time to configure "best practise baseline" manually.

However, I was thinking that it would be helpfull to my general view on ERP, as well as, I can use it to study "best practise industry" when I complete it.

How do you think?

Waiting for your advice!

Thank you!

Best regard!

Tang Dark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

plz share the study material of SAP SD.......(TSCM & SCM)

Regards,

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your advice!

Thank you again!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Best Practises is a specific SAP solution and to get it you have to specifically buy it - it doesn't come standard with every ERP solution.

What is Best Practises? Best Practises is basically a set of pre configured stuff (BC sets) which you upload into SAP, hence reducing your configuration.

Baseline is basically the general configuration (per module) that a company requires to carry on with config. Things like org structure, etc.

On top of the baseline you can then start loading other more specific BC sets per module.

Best Practises is a methodology to address smaller companies because it reduces the blueprint and configuration phases. Projects can be finalised within 6 months compared to std ERP implementations that may take 1 to 2 years.

If you want to be a proper SD consultant do not study Best Practises only. Do your SAP academy. Best Practises you can learn after you know SAP.

As to Industries specific, these are add-ons to address specific industry requirements. For example, bills of services, is something used in project environments such as engineering & construction. So the funcitonality is not necessary, for example, the retail industry which sells only finished products.

Again, firs learn your SAP and then you can focus on learning others. If you learn SAP you can work on any Best Practices package or any Industry, If you study Best PRactises you can only work with BP, and the same goes for industry solutions.

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you copy the existing organizational elements or configurations like order types, item categories etc and create new ones you are indirectly following kind of baseline configuration only. When you actually look at each step in the document and try doing it in SAP, I think it will take more time.

So I suggest you copy the existing ones and create the configuration. During module testing if you face any problems, you can always refer baseline config doc for that related problem.

Regards,

GSL.