Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign value for a invisible field

former_member1326872
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a paramter as no-display, so the corresponding field is not displayed when the user starts the program. However, its possible to still assign a value to the field in the variant. Can someone tell me how should we do that in ECC 6.0. Thanks

Swetha

4 REPLIES 4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Why do you want to create a variant for a hidden field?

maybe you can create a variant and hide that field in the variant attributes.check if this serves the purpose.

0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

We are doing the upgrade testing since we are moving from 4.6 to 6.0. The program has a field with 'no-display', but we need to set a value in the variant. We do not have to change the program to remove the 'no-display' from the field. In the help document, it just says that we can set a value for invisible paramter, but i don't know how to do that.

Please let me know.

Thanks

Swetha

0 Kudos

It there is some parameter id associated you can set the value.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In ECC 6.0...When you save a variant...The no-display parameter will be shown in the grid....Then press F4 on the selection variable ...Then choose T or D based on your requirement...after selecting press F4 on "Name of variable (input only using F4)"...you can choose the variable there..

Hope this helps..

Thanks

Naren