Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI Sequencing: File Receiver adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am in a IDOC to file scenario.

Requirement is to process the IDOCS in the same sequence as they were created in SAP.

E.g: if IDOC 1001 (created at 12:00:01 hours) and 1005 (created at 12:00:06) were created in SAP, then they should create the files in XI in the sequence File 1001 and then create file 1005.

Currently both IDOCS came to XI almost at same time and somehow XI processed 1005 before 1001.

Is there a way on the File adapter on receiver side how to achieve file sequencing for above issue.

Regards

Shirin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is very simple.what you have to do is in the reciver file adpter mentione the qos as EOIO i.e exactly once in order.

This will solve your problem.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sainath,

I can not find the QOS field on the RECEIVER adapter.

I guess this can be done only on SENDER Adapter and not on RECEIVER file adapter.

Appreciate if you could have a look and confirm.

Many thanks

Shirin

VijayKonam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set the check box.. maintain order at run time in the interface determination. But it only gurreantees that XI sends them in sequence to R3. R3 posting order is not controllable I guess.

VJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

This is a case of IDOC serialization.Please follow the steps outlined in the below document

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/bd/277264c3ddd44ea429af5e7d2c6e69/frameset.htm

Thanx

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shrin,

As per my knowledge, IDOC sequence must be strictly maintained at sender side.

Irrespective of the configuration you set in XI like maintain order runtime or serialization, how does it guarantee you that IDOC is been sent in sequence.

Also note that IDOCS are processed via TRFC and not QRFC. Moreover, can i know the reason or background of this requirement.

I have never come across such a requirement except for in BPM where we collect all IDOCS and bundle it.

OR you are just trying some prototype

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krish,

I use the idoc number as the file name.

The 3rd party system has a sequencer on there side.

If IDOC 1005 is sent first then it rejects 1001 as 1001 is less than 1005 and theer sequencer processes files only if they are of higher order than the last processed file.

Hope this makes the requirement look more genuine )

Regards

Shirin

Former Member
0 Kudos

In ECC, WE20 [While configuring Outbound IDOC Processing], check "QueueProcessing" checkbox & specify the rulename (CONSTANT:EDIQUEUE).

Also a Background job has to be scheduled (using RSEOUT00) to push these IDOCS to PI. The IDOCS would come in sequence to PI the way they are generated in ECC. 1001 always reches first and then 1005 and then 1010.

You can again utilize "Maintain order at runtime" in PI-Interface Determination to send them in teh same order to Receiver system using File adapter.

This should solve your problem.

Regards,

Siva Maranani

Answers (0)