Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user function marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I'm facing a problem with a user function in a marco.

I have my macro, I've defined my function module but I don't how how to save data in my planning book from the function.

I would like to fill in a specific key figure in my plannig book (so that users see a specific, calculated value).

But I don't know how I should pass this from within my function module to my planning book.

I can go into debug, and I see my selections an stuff but don't know how to continue.

Thanks a lot

Caroline,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only from past experience I think I know that this relates to PP module? Sales & operation planning?

If you don't find an answer here, check in as well (if I'm not completely mistaken).

Thomas

3 REPLIES 3

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Only from past experience I think I know that this relates to PP module? Sales & operation planning?

If you don't find an answer here, check in as well (if I'm not completely mistaken).

Thomas

0 Kudos

Ok, I will have a look.

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am sure you have figured this out by now, but I was just trying to figure out user functions in macros myself, and have the answer for any others...

When you define a function as User Function in the Macro Workbench, the large parameter screen which appears has certain parameters forced on you - value_tab, f_argument and f_calc_error. Value_tab will contain all the parameters which you pass to the function, and f_argument (you have to select whether it is a value or a string) will contain the value you want to pass back to the macro (i.e. a value in this case).

a) your function interface needs to have these 3 changing/table parameters with the same names and types

b) at the end of the function, set f_argument to the result of the calculation

Thats it.

Edited by: Jason Calcutt on Jul 21, 2009 5:59 PM