cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Converting External Ship-to-party number to Internal ship-to-party number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

I am working on Ale idoc scenario in which i need to create sales order from customer purchase order. for this i need to maintain ship-to-party number in advance. Customer is providing me with list of ship to party number, but i dont want to maintain external number. I wan to maintain internal ship-to-party number and assign it to external ship-to-party number coming from idoc from customer PO.

So Please suggest how can i do this. is there some standard functionality provided by sap for this, coz i think this is standard requirement.

Thanks ,

Brijesh Soni

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

You can maintain the value of external ship to party number in the customer master against a system generated(internal) customer number.

This can be done in the sales view----partners tab of customer master. The field is called"partner description".

When you received an idoc,you can match the customer number in idoc to the field KNVP-KNREF and against this field pick value of KNVP-KUNNR. once the system determines the correct sold to party then ship to party will be determined automatically.

SAP has given KNREF field especially for these kind of scenarios.

Regards

Karan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karan,

Thanks for ur reply.

Actually in our scenario, customer has given a big list of ship-to-party . and for implementing business to business(B2B) connection we need to maintain that ship to party in our system. But we dont want to maintain that ship-to-party with same number given by customer. we want to generate that ship-to-party in our system as internal number and then assign the ship-to-party given by customer to our internal ship-to-party number. So that when we receive IDoc from customer with some ship-to-party number, it should be replaced by internal ship-to-party number.

SO how can we do that....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brijesh,

I meant the same.

You create your internal customers for each ship to party received from customer.

After your internal customers are created then assign the extrenal ship to party number in the field KNVP-KNREF.

Regards

Karan