cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit note - copy item from reference document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SD Wizards,

When creating a price correction order referenced to sales invoice SAP returns an error - "Item xxxx is not copied from the reference document". The problem is strange beacause for the same material but not for the same batch a price correction is created.

I cheked in copy control but I think when it will be a problem there nothing will be copied.

Is someone meets a problem like that ? Where I should search a resolve ?

Best

Piotr

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do you mean to say that you are creating a credit/debit memo request with reference to the original invoice and then you are getting this error?

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hrishi,

Exactly.

For example I have 20 items on Invoice. When I'm creating a credit/debit memo for this invoice the message shows. But when I create another credit/debit memo for other invoice with the same material everythink works properly.

Where could be a problem?

Best

Piotr

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Piotr

Is the document type same for both the cases ?? If so, you have to check in copy control where at header level, you have a field "Copying requirements". Compare this field

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in VTAF---item level if Do not copy batch is ticketd or not. I think in your case it is ticked and hence you are getting this error.

Hrishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for replies ...

Lakshmipathi,

User tries to make a ZDR (Debit Memo Req NoQty) from a target F2 (Invoice) so I checked on VTAF on header and copying requirments is 021 -Billing header . Where else I have to check.

Hrishi,

I check it and 'do not copy batch' is not ticked.

Maybe I describe you a problem with more details.

Invoice F2:

Item. Material

10. 10001

20. 10002

30. 10003

When user tries to do a ZDR (Debit Request) a message shows : "Item 30 is not copied from the reference document"

But when the user tries to do a ZDR (Debit Request) for another F2 (Invoice) - on F2 is the same material 10003 , but the batch is not the same - he can do it.

So where I can search a resolve ?

Best

Lukasz

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Piotr,

You have to check:

1 - what is the item category assigned to the ZDR in config

2 - Then in copy control between F2 and ZDR, select the item view

3 - Leave the source item for F2 as is and change the ZDR target item field to blank.

THis should resolve your problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kookie ,

Thanks for reply..

I checked it and for: ZDR we have default item: ZL2N

The F2 (Invoice) - item category : TAN

And in VTAF we have for item:

Target sls doc. type Ref.billing doc.type

ZDR - Debit Memo Req NoQty F2 - Invoice

Proposed item categ Item category

ZL2N - Debit Request, NoQty TAN - Standard Item

I suppose if there will be a problem none of the item form F2 will be copied to ZDR.

Best

Piotr

Former Member
0 Kudos

If the case is about single line of single document and the same material works when copied from another documents - I would check Schedule Line copy control settings.

milosz