Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete a package and restore all the programs in that package automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

1. First i need to transport all the ojects(Ex: Programs) in a package into a transport request.

2. Release the original transport request and new transport request (which you have created in the above step) of the package

3. Delete all the objects in that package and then relaese the transport request for the deleted objects.

4. Now delete the package.

5. Create a program with the same name as the deleted program and resotre the deleted program from the version management.

This i need to do for all the packages in our system. So they have asked me to write a program to do this automatically.

I have no idea how to write a program to execute the above functionality automatically.

Please help me in executing this task.

2 REPLIES 2

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

OK, first question, and this is really important.

WHY

Second question, why not just import the tp you've created back into the source system?

'fess up. This is no client requirement., what have you done.

matt

ThomasZloch
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> 5. Create a program with the same name as the deleted program and resotre the deleted program from the version management.

In which package should the programs be re-created?

Also wondering why...apart from that I'd probably use eCATT or similar for this task.

Thomas