cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can BO XI and CE 10 be installed on the same server?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are preparing to upgrade our existing CE 10 to BO XI; however, we were unable to obtain a test server and will need to install it on the same server that CE 10 resides on (our development server). I heard that both versions could not reside on the same server and I need this confirmed by a SME. Thank you. ~emoreno

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Use VM's or anything do NOT install any version of server on your production environment.

Then use the import wizard to migrate. In 3.0 side by side is supported but I would still recommend the same due to track record and in order to protect your Prod env..

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tim,

I'm not sure that my question was answered. I just need to know whether CE10 and BO XI can be installed on the same server? I have a development server (not a VM) with CE 10 and another customer wants to install BO XI on the same server. I heard through other sources that BO XI and CE 10 cannot reside on the same server. I need to know if this statement is accurate? If BO XI cannot reside on the same server as CE 10, then our contracted vendor will have to provide t this customer with a different server. I need this information confirmed in order to notify my management.

Thanks...EMoreno

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

3.0 is our 1st enterprise product that is actually supported to be installed with other versions. It may only be XIR2 and XI 3.0.

So in the case of XIR1 and CE10 absolutely not. I mentioned VM becasue if you don't have the hardware that's an easy way to accomplish 2 versions on 1 server without breaking them.

-Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is exactly what I was needing. thank you so much! Have a great day!

Answers (0)