cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Transporting a file"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have exported an iView within our Development portal and then store the ".epa" file on to my local machine. Later I have imported the file in to my QA portal and tried to view the iView. Everything was imported fine. But when I try to look at the iView, it doesn't show any changes that I made in the DEV area, but it is just giving the default iView provided by SAP. I have traced the delta link of that iView and it show that it is delta linked with an iView in the "Content Provided by SAP". I am not able to figure it out. Can anyone explain me about the way of breaking the delta link with the "Content Provided by SAP".

I would appreciate your help.

Kind Regards,

Gopal.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

what do you mean "I don't see the changes"? did you check in the content studio?

One more thing: make sure your transport package is not in "no overwrite" mode. You can check this in the properties of that specific package. usualy packages are not with "no overwrite" mode but it might be.

The link to "provided by SAP" should not bother as it is done for almost all the objects (in one point or anouther).

Elisha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elisha,

I made some changes to one of my portal iView in DEV. That's what I mean when I say "I don't see the changes". So, when I trying to use the transport package for transporting the changes to QA, it is not reflecting the changes that I made to the iview in QA!

Regards,

PG

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you copied the standard SAP iView to create your own iView, did you copy it as a delta link copy or a normal copy?

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Thanks a lot for your reply. It was delta linked when I copied the SAP standard iview.

Regards,

PG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will have to transport a non-delta link iView.

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

I have got the following questions. Please help me in answering them.

1) How do I remove the delta link between two iViews (i.e between SAP iView and my iView)?

2) How do I check whether two iViews are delta linked or not?

I would appreciate your help.

Regards,

PG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1) While copying iViews never use copy as delta link. You have to use an ordinary copy.

2) You can check if the copied iView is a delta link by doing a delta link trace.

Hope this answers your question

Mahesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal ,

check the pcd objects imported succesfully or not

release portal cache also

The PRT cache can be released by going to

System Administration -> Support -> Portal Content Directory -> Pcd Administration

Koti Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

Thanks a lot for your reply. What do you mean by "checking the pcd objects imported succesfully". Could you explain me about it as well. I am not familiar with your terminology. I would appreciate your help.

King Regards

Gopal.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gopal,

What Koti Reddy meant is whether the package import went successfully or not.

Go to iview in QA and check the last updated by and changed time.

Try to export the iview again from Dev and import it to QA and see that solves the problem

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Thanks a lot for your reply. I have checked it several times and everything seems to be fine. I have also exported the iview several times and the iview gets delta linked with the "Same iview provided by SAP within "Content Provided by SAP" in the portal content" automatically. I dont know why it is getting linked with it automatically. As I said, I have tried several times, but it is of no change. Please help me to resolve this issue.

I would appreciate your help..

Kind Regards,

Gopal.

Edited by: PG on Dec 23, 2008 4:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You could try deleting the particular iview from Quality and transporting it again.

Regards

Tiny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiny,

Thanks a lot for your reply. The iViews I have trying to transport are SAP Standard iViews. So, I am not supposed to delete them!!!! Is there any other way so that I can do this?

Regards,

PG.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check your browser cache... clear everything and try. If the transport was successful... there is nothing to worry in the portal side...try with your browser or check the transported obeject.