cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transportation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guru's

Has anyone ever used Tariff Zones to calculate the distance between your Point of Destiniation and Point of Departure

in your environments ?

I know almost anything is possible in SAP but I would like to hear feedback based on SAP standard functionality.

Points will be awarded for good feedback.

Kind Regards and thanks in advance

Kasy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Kasy,

You can't use Tariff Zones to calculate the distance between your Point of Destiniation and Point of Departure because,there is no provision to maintain the distence at the tariff zone.

Tariff Zones will consider as Geographycal areas will determining the shipment cost.

Determination of tariff zones

You can set the automatic determination of tariff zones in Customizing. A tariff zone is the combination of a postal code area for a country. The tariff zone is defined in terms of the

· Transportation planning point

· Service agents

· Shipping type

· Country

. For example, a postal code area has been assigned to a predefined tariff zone for a combination of transportation planning point, service agent, etc. If the system does not find a valid tariff zone for these criteria, it carries out determination again with an "empty" shipping type.

With the corresponding system settings, the tariff zone is determined automatically when it creates a shipment cost item. That is, when it creates a shipment cost document or when another item is created manually.

You can maintain the distance distance between your Point of Destiniation and Point of Departure in the Route stages.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kasy,

As Murali said there is no such functionality in Standard Sap system to calculate distance on the basis of Tariff zones.

Tariff Zones will only consider while making Transportation Cost.

You can maintain Distances in Standard SAP in Routes.

Regards

Yogesh Sharma