Outbound Delivery Scheduling Discussion
I am about to work on a assignment to setup and configure the outbound scheduling for delivery documents. The reason I start this post is to get input from you all experts on what are the steps involved and what kind of considerations should be kept in mind while working on this.
We will be doing shipping point based scheduling.....
So far I have noted down the following activities which need to be carried out :
1) Transportation zones
2) No of routes / route determination
3) combinations of departure/destination countries
4) departure/receiving zones
5) what shipping conditions
6) different means of transport
7) transportation groups
8) weight groups definition ( if applicable )
9) combination of shipping point and destination countries
10) decision on load time, pick/pack time at shipping point level.
11) Master Data : assignment of transportation zones to ship-to's
Pl advice further on what other activities should be done in preparation for carrying outbound delivery scheduling...
Apart from the activities if you have any comments/concerns that should be kept in mind then kindly share that also.
Thanks In Advance!!
Your inputs will really help me in getting to a foolproof solution..