cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the language attribute in smartform

0 Kudos

I have taken the standard german smartform for the purchasing order, copied it and adjust it to our requirements.

Now I want to copy the smartform in another one and would like to change the language to English. Note! I do not want to translate it , I would like to change all the texts myself in the copied smartform. This woudt't be a problem. The Problem is that the smartform language is DE and I can't change this option even I open the smartform in edit mode. I also can't copy the german smartform in english one, because this copying option doesn't exist.

Does anybody have an idea how to solve this problem?

Kind Regards

Alexey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another clue which might help you is to check the option in the Form Attributes of the smartform as 'Do not translate'.

Then use all the text elements with language as 'CONTROL_PARAMETERS-LANGU' in the smartform.

Moreover, make sure that the text elements are created in all the relevant languages required.

This will ensure depending on the language the relevant standard texts would be displayed on the output.

Regards,

Ram

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

0 Kudos

Thanx a lot for all comments. I guess this thread could be interesting for internationalisation which is not proper documented even in SAP-Books.

I would appretiate if smbd. could systematically describe "translate" and "access" attributes in Language Attributes on smartform.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

once u copy the standard po application in ur own form (then goto header---change language ---then give present langiage (ge) then give the target laun(en) copy (i think u can solve )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Another thing is that you first change to the option 'Translate to all languages ' and then save and activate it.

Then come out of the edit mode.

Then again enter into edit mode then it should ask you whether you want to maintain in original language.

Select for the english mode and then change the option to 'Do not translate' .

Then do the things as mentioned in my earlier reply.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards,

Ram

0 Kudos

Thanx for the ideas. I have solved my problem bit easier. In the initialisation routines in the global definitions of the form I have initialized the global variable with a language, which is based on a vendor's language and all the text will be progammable adjusted based on the value of this variable, e.g. in the title will be given "ORDER" for E-language and "AUFTRAG" for G-one.

May be this is not the best method and SAP maintaine it in a background better, but here I can at least check what happens....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats a great Idea....

Former Member
0 Kudos

As far as I know the smartform language is intrinsic to the language. That is whatever language you login

that will be the login language.

Why dont you make a copy of ur DE version and give a different name. And use it for your English version.

Attach it to a diffrent output type and control it.

That way u can control the both the versions

0 Kudos

This is the first I have done. Pls, read the question

Former Member
0 Kudos

no..actually what i meant is to copy it by downloading and then uploading....

did u try that....do you have that option....?

Former Member
0 Kudos

use se63 to provide ur own translation

0 Kudos

I did it yet before, this transaction translates the standard texts, but don't give one an oportunity to generate a purchase order print out in Engish with logged in German for the vendor with a communictation language EN. As I have written the PO-smartform shoud be adjusted manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ask your basis team to install the reporting server of your required language. Once they do it functional consultant will create a uni code for your object. what ever changes you do in your german login or the forms orginal login it will be seen in your reporting server login.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

to translate your smartforms in English is what u need. And u can do it by trx SE63.

The master language (the language used to create the sf) can be only one.

After translating the sf u need to transfer the right language when u call the sf for the print:

U can transfer the language to be used by parameter CONTROL_PARAMETERS, here u can find these field:

- LANGU

- REPLANGU1

- REPLANGU2

- REPLANGU3

the smartform'll try to upload the text elements in laguage LANGU, if it isn't set, it'll try by language REPLANGU1 and so.... if any language is transfered, the smartforms will use the master language.

U can check the fm SSFRT_SET_LANGUAGES in order to know how the languages is managed.

So u should change your program who calls the sf in order to transfer the right language (probably the language of the message or the language of the vendor).

Max

0 Kudos

This is an interesting idea. Could work. I will try to perform this. But I stil don't understand why standard PO-form is based on SY-LANGU , not on this control-parameters

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

your system need to support both languages like DE, EN, JA etc.insatll both languages are in control panel

other wise

ask to basis people.

0 Kudos

I haven't understood what do You mean under languages in control panel. As I have written (I have logged in with the English language ...Now I have logged with German ...) I can log in different languages.

The problem I had is actually that we send the purchase orders in diffirent countries an need at least English and German PO smartforms. The byers have fixed that the long text in positions doesn't appear when the vendor's communication language is set to English.

As I could fix - the selection of position's text is set to &SY-LANGU& which is always D(eutsch) if one logges in German. I have to programm a routine which detects the language based on the field SPRAS from vendor's LFA1-table. Now it works.

I guess this is an error in the standard /SMB40/MMPO_** smartforms from SAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Login in DE language and while copying make Source language as DE and Target language as EN.

0 Kudos

There is no possibility (at least in my SAP-Client) to change set source and target language. I have written theis in my first message (I also can't copy the german smartform in english one, because this copying option doesn't exist.)

I have logged in with the English language and was trying to copy the German smartform . Then SAP tells that this smartform is in German and even I would like to copy it in English. Then it works.

Now I have logged with German and was trying to open the smartform. It comes the message even I would like to keep English. I have answered "Yes" and the language was changed to EN