cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error raised using 'CRM_MESSAGE_COLLECT' not displayed in Web UI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have implemented the badi CRM_ORDERADM_H_BADI and based on certain conditions i raise an exception and display the error message using function module 'CRM_MESSAGE_COLLECT'. The application log is populated with the error message and I am able to see the error message in SAP GUI . However when the same transaction is triggered via WebUI , even thought the exception is raised , the error message is not displayed.

I know i can use the method ADD_MESSAGE of the class CL_CRM_GENIL_GLOBAL_MESS_CONT if i want the error message to be displayed in Web UI .

However I want the message to be displayed either if the transaction is run from the SAP GUI or web UI .

Have anyone come across the similar situation , is there something I am missing.

Thanks & Regards ,

Sriram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

I think there is no problem with the Function module for populating error messages which is CRM_MESSAGE_COLLECT. But it is the BADI which has to be used different.

If you want the error message to get triggered while using WEB UI, then you need to use CRM_ISA_BASKET_HEAD.

But this BADI will not work for SAP GUI.

Hope this helps.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Arun Sankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun ,

Thanks for your inputs.

I will try to rephrase my query . It is not specific to the BADI CRM_ORDERADM_H_BADI . In general , whenever i want to raise an error message in a BADI I use the FM 'CRM MESSAGECOLLECT' . These error messages are displayed in SAP GUI but not in Web UI . Am i missing something ??

Also since these BADI's are at the application level , they are triggered irrespective of the UI .

Thanks,

Sriram

Edited by: Sriram Sundar Rajan on Sep 20, 2008 2:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Whenever you want your error messages to get triggered in WEB UI, you need to use ISA Badis only.

Try the below FM.

CALL FUNCTION 'CRM_ISALES_MESSAGES_ADD'

EXPORTING

IV_OBJECT_TYPE = 'B'

IV_OBJECT_GUID = wa_orderadm_h-GUID

IT_MESSAGE = CT_MESSAGE[].

Have I answered your question now?

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Arun Sankar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arun ,

I got the solution . The error message was raised properly . The problem is message filter at every view or viewset of a component is actually switched off by default.With standard components the filter gets activated at runtime if the component controller contains a BOL entity.

In our case , since it was a custom component with no BOL entity the filter was switched off and hence the messages from the application level were not read.

Therefore we redefined the filter method IF_BSP_WD_STATE_CONTEXT~GET_MESSAGE_FILTER at the view/viewset level and turned on the filter by default.hence even if the component does not return an entity the message filter gets activated.

Thanks for your inputs.

Thanks & Regards,

Sriram