Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Assign a parameter value without using prompt

I am interesting in determining if it is possible to assign a parameter that is hidden from the user, and pass that information into a stored procedure.

For example, I current have the user use a submit button to insert a record into a table through the stored procedure, but I would like to pass the "Current CE user ID" to keep a record of which user did this.

I am using CR 2008.

replied

The only way I know how to accomplish this is to create a new blank report. This report does not need to have a datasource.

Create a formula on this new report. The only thing in the formula should be this:

CurrentCEUserID

Next, insert a new subreport. Make sure you choose the report that you already have that uses the Stored Procedure as the datasource.

Link to the subreport using the formula we created in the new report to the parameter in the subreport.

This setup should allow you to run the report, which will launch the subreport, passing the CurrentCEUserID value. You will probably have to do some formatting changes, possibly moving your Page Header and Footer information from the subreport to the new main report.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question