cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CrystalReportViewer freezes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, this is my first post in these forums, I hope someone here will know the answer to my question, I tried searching for this everywhere but I didn't really find anything.

I'm using Visual Studio 2005 and Crystal Reports that come with it. I've designed a report that gets filled from a DataSet object (no connections to database or anything, just a plain simple DataSet.) The report contains two subreports, both of them are also filled with DataSets.

Everything works fine on my computer and a couple of other testing PCs but when the application is deployed at the customer, it sometimes doesn't work - when the form containing CrystalReportViewer opens, the application freezes. The cursor is changed to hourglass, the report area shows big white blank page and the application is not responding anymore.

I thought that the problem may be with printers, the printer setting were set to my default printer so I changed them to "No Printer" (in Page Setup...) for all three reports (and I also re-imported the subreports after that). Nothing changed.

Also this problem doesn't happen all the time, for example it may not happen in the morning but then in the afternoon it doesn't work anymore.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Michal

EDIT: Also I think I posted this in the wrong forum , could a moderator move it please?

Edited by: Michal Burger on Sep 17, 2008 3:20 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Michal,

It seems that you are having issue through Custom .Net application while deploying.

I would suggest you to post your question here:

[.NET Development - Crystal Reports Forum |https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/businessobjects-sdk-forum]

Hope that helps!!

Regards,

Shweta

Answers (0)