cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Psion TekLogix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is SAP ME 2.1 or MI 2.5 supported on Psion PDA devices?

How is the performance of Psion devices in the live productive enviornment is it stable??

Regards

Anand

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

the psion devices like the netpad are based on Windows CE and Intel XScale architecture.You shouldn't get any problems to run SAP MI 2.1 and 2.5 on it.

The performance depends on RAM and CPU,so it shuld be comparable to devices of other vendors like symbol or intermec.For using RFID on psion devices with SAP MI please check this thread from last month.

Regards

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank ,

Thanks for the reply.

Do u know any project where Psion devices are in use for SAP Mobile Infrastructure and the performance is according to expectations??

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Anand,

no i don't know a project.I will order a psion netpad for testing MAM RFID scenarios for our company in the near future.You can find some customer case studies(BMW/Volkswagen) on psion homepage(but with TEK middleware not MI). Here is the link: http://www.psionteklogix.com/public.aspx?s=us&p=CaseStudies

From my point of view the performance of the Mobil Application on the device did not depend on the device-vendor. I would reommend you to compare the hardware facts like CPU and RAM.The Client performance also depends in a very high level on the application you want to run(how much data is stored on device,is the application using file I/O or database,is the coding developed under performance aspects).

So the performance question is impossible to answer by the way.I would recommend you order a test device and try the performance with the application you want to run on psion device.

(I know this answer is not very helpful for you;-))

Regards

Frank