cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems creating translations in Netweaver Developer Studio

Former Member
0 Kudos

We require English an French for our content. I am trying to create translations and I am having problems. I have 2 views and 1 simple dictionary type to translate. I found the xlf files for each of these and created the _fr versions. This had no effect. I had no translations in the IView. I then noticed for the simple type in the Representation tab that there was a check box for Translatable. I checked this and this one and one of the views took my translations. For the other view the translations were still not working. I then created the _en files for each xlf and now the second view finally had the translations working. Now the problem is when I make a change to a translation I have to exit NWDS and restart it for the translations to take effect.

Any thoughts? Am I doing something wrong?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

If you right click on the web dynpro project and choose reload and after that redeploy the web dynpro application the changes should be reflected. You don't have to restart NWDS everytime you make changes on the .xlf files of the views or the message pool.

Regards,

Yasr

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, that did it.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Please make sure that the default locale of the user in UME is set to English and French accordingly.

Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answer, but this is not a problem on the portal. The problem is the properties files that get generated do not contain the translations.