cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File contents full text search and SES combined?

egor_malov
Contributor
0 Kudos

I have several custom business objects (BORs) built around DMS documents. A 'document' in my case consists of a DMS document (with ms office files attached as 'originals') and some corresponding custom attributes maintained in z-tables.

Files are kept on a Content server, and indexed with TREX.

Search should be possible both on file contents (full-text search) and attributes.

As of now, my search report works as follows: on the selection screen user can supply both attribute values and words to be searched for in file contents. The report first runs a full-text search (FMs from SDOK function group used for that), then it runs an attribute search (regular abap selects ), and then results of both runs are combined and presented to user.

Currently I am investigating the possibility of switching my search implementation to SES. What is not clear to me is how do I arrange searching on files and attributes then. The question is - is it possible (through SES query interface or any other way) to query both file contents and attributes in one query (something like ' category=xx and priority=yy and files contains 'oil'')?

Thank you in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

KarstenH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Egor,

since recently there is an SES-based implementation for searching PLM DMS originals on the content server and attributes (object "DIR") available.

You can obtain it by either licencing "SAP NetWeaver Enterprise Search" or by contacting SAP PLM consulting.

Best, Karsten

egor_malov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Karsten.

I will try to have a look at this new implementation (it is not present in our current setup which is ERP2005 + standalone TREX 7.0).

By now I've experimented with join indexes - they seem just the perfect solution for the problem of getting combined results. Unfortunately I didn't get too far - there were problems and finally I found out (support message) that join indexes are supposed to work good since TREX 7.10 only .