cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in Set GLby in Item Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am facing problem in set GL by method in item master, In my master I have defined some items with warehouse determination, some items with Item group determination and few items with Item level determination.

but in case of items for which i have set GL by item level are automatically changes to item group as i have determined GL at item level and my item group GLs are blank system wont allow me to transact as there is no account in item group and anyway it is not desired .

anybody has faced problems like that and what would be the possible solution

Thanks,

Regards,

Atul Joshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What version and PL of B1 are you using ?

actually the item group will not work if you choose item level. It is also not gonna blank. Do not forget to input all relevant the G/L account codes in the item level G/L account columns to make system allow you to use item that have item level.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for reply,

Right now I am using PL26,

As I respond to Gordon.. I am having few items i.e. 25 determined by Item Level GL determination; As they are all are of different types i.e. 12 different types so I decide to go for GL determination at item level...is it correct please give me ur suggestion also on this

Also, I have entered all the accounts at item level manually and very carefully that too 2 times but still the Set GL by changes to Item Group automatically..

Is it Patch Level Problem.. ?

I am using PL26 right now ..

Regards,

Atul Joshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

It may sound silly but actually to create 25 item groups might be better in your case because you will have more consistant control on the GL side. Futhermore, you will have room to add new one in the future for the same group items.

Thanks,

Gordon

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Atul,

At the system level if you have set Inventory G/L by Item Group, it is always a good practise to complete the G/L determination for the default Item Group (let us say Items - item group)

One of the reasons is when the user creates the Item, the item is going to get the default setting which is G/L by the Item group it belongs to unless you change it right away.

There is nothing wrong in having some items G/L set by Item level as per the business needs.

If you have already created a Sales Order for an Item and later changed the G/L setting the transaction will continue to post based on the original G/L determination as the G/L accounts get copied to the transactions row at the time of creation.

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suda,

what you said is correct but actually I am facing problem that in Item master "Set GL By" changes from Item level to Item Group automatically

Regards,

Atul Joshi

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Atul,

How could this happen unless a user changes this? do you have a formatted search on this field?

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just wonder that there could be possibly a query formatted search assigned in the field item group of the item master data if set G/L account by is changed from item group to item level or warehouse. I am also afraid that there probably are some Store procedure (SP_TN) that currently using to validate the transaction or block the transaction if the item group is empty.

This should be discussed with technical consultant especially for Sp_TN. If it is query formatted search, you can find it if you click menu view --> click search field or press CtrlShiftF2

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

No suda I have not changed , infact I tried this 2 times; 1st time I thought so... I did again but still it changed again ...then I concluded...Also I dont have formatted search on that field...

Regards,

Atul Joshi

former_member200818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

>> I am facing problem that in Item master "Set GL By" changes from Item level to Item Group automatically

I am not sure whether my reply will be of any further help to you or not!

However, would you please check whether this behaviour is also reproducible in demo database (say OEC computers) or any other database on the same server environment.

If you are able reproduce the same problem in all databases that are configured in your current server environment, I recommend to report the issue to support via a ticket (if not created already).

If the problem is with only one database then as already recommended by other experts on this thread:

1. Comment all user code in Stored procedure

2. Verify if any formatted search queries are active on Item Master (like auto number generation, like ...)

3. Is there any add-ons that are active on Item Master

Would appreciate if you also write back whether you are not able to update on change of "Set GL By" (or) it is getting changed automatically from item level to Item group.

Good Luck.

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Satish,

Thanks a lot for your suggestion,

I produced the same problem in demo company but its working fine there,

I also checked things u mentioned but those are not created,

anyway either I will go for seperate Item Groups or I will again try as a last chance if it again occurs then I will report this issue to SAP through Ticket,

Thanks and Regards,

Atul Joshi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In my opinion, the best way to set GL by method in item master is only allow one method either by warehouse or by item group. If you choose the later, it is already increase more works for you. The GL by item level sould not be used unless you have only few items to set up and it is absolutely neccesary. If you already done so, you have to set all items one by one for those items without other determination.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gordon,

Thanks for reply,

as you said I am having few items i.e. 25 determined by Item Level GL determination; As they are all are of different types i.e. 12 different types so I decide to go for GL determination at item level...is it correct please give ur suggestion on this

Also, I have entered all the accounts at item level manually and very carefully that too 2 times but still the Set GL by changes to Item Group automatically..

Is it Patch Level Problem.. ?

I am using PL26 right now ..

Regards,

Atul Joshi