cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating sales credits with tax code different to the one defined on the BP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am creating sales credit notes which are tax free but despite being able to set the tax to a 0 rated code it is being written to file using the default code defined against the BP.

A colleague had a similar issue with DTW and came to the conclusion that it was not possible to use anything other than the tax code from the BP.

Has anyone come up against this before?

Gordon

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gordon,

Ther eis a note released by SAP :

1061747 : DI -Tax missing at header level of invoice based on delivery.

From the note :

Long text

Symptom

When you use the following code in the DI to create an invoice based on

a delivery, the Tax is missing at the header level:

oInvoice.Lines.TaxCode = ODelivery.lines.taxcode or

oInvoice.Lines.VatGroup = ODelivery.lines.VatGroup (according to the

localization)

This code shouldn't be used, since this value is copied automatically

when create a based document.

As a result the total for the document will be different than the one

in the Delivery, as it will not include the tax.

For more details, please check the note from SMP.

Regards

Arshdeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arshdeep,

that's useful to know but I don't think it addresses my issue as I am creating credit notes from scratch and not basing them on an earlier record. It looks to me as if there is a bug in the SDK that does not allow you to use a tax code other than the one on the BP header.

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon,

Did u check with the same from the UI, are u able to post a entry with another taxcode..??

Please check the same from the UI.

Hope it helps,

Vasu Natari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vasu,

yes, the UI allows this so it should allow it in the DI.

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try with a different BP, may be there are some settings that do not allow that posting with this BP.

Try with a diffent BP and also on a different SBO company.

Hope it helps,

Vasu Natari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vasu,

this is an interface from an external system and it has created 151 credit notes for dozens of BP's so I am pretty sure that the issue ios not related to one BP.

I have used a temparary workaround whereby I am storing the current tax code of the BP and then changing it to the one i need for the transaction about to be written. I then replace the original tax code on the BP. This is not ideal though as I have another iterface that will need to create transactions for a mixture of tax codes.

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon,

Plz post it to SAP Support. They stopped support for SDK but anyways u'll get a reply, Just try.

Vasu Natari.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vasu,

i have raised it with support but it has gone into the usual black hole.

what do you mean by "they have stopped support for sdk"? I hadn't been told that by my channel management team.

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

I just tested your scenario and got the same results - the default tax code for the BP is always used, rather than the one you defined & as this is not the same behaviour as the application would be considered an issue with the DI API.

As for the support for the SDK, we are still here

We will follow up on your message here in support and contact you soon in relation to it.

Regards,

Niall

SAP Business One Forums

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Niall,

that's encouraging, i look forward to hearing from you.

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon,

I have looked into this further and after a few more tests and a bit of research I found that if you use "VatGroup" rather than "TaxCode", you will get the desired results.

I will log a request to have the documentation adjusted to reflect this as at present it is not entirely clear.

Regards,

Niall

SAP Business One Forums

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Niall

i cant test this for a while as i need to reset some data to reload but it sounds promising.

Gordon

Answers (0)