Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error message not coming in status bar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have put an error message in a user exit which is a PBO of program. As the message is put in PBO, it is popped up instead of being displayed in the staus bar.

I want it to be displayed in the staus bar. Can I supress the popup n display it in staus bar and if yes, how.

Points will be awarded if helpful!!!

Thanks & Regards,

Rajiv

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

To avoid that you must put the error message in PAI proccess. If you put an error message in PBO the message will convert to a termination message.

If the message is type I or W, the message is display in status bar, but like a "success" message.

Bye.

Andrew83.

Edited by: Andrew83 on Sep 17, 2008 3:13 PM

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

To avoid that you must put the error message in PAI proccess. If you put an error message in PBO the message will convert to a termination message.

If the message is type I or W, the message is display in status bar, but like a "success" message.

Bye.

Andrew83.

Edited by: Andrew83 on Sep 17, 2008 3:13 PM

0 Kudos

Hi Andrew,

Thnx for ur reply. But I do not have a choice n have to put a check in PBO as that is the only user exit available to me.

Please confirm whether this requirement is possible or not.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Rajiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you want to show the error message after User Interaction. So in that case you should Put the message In PAI instead of PBO. Because if you put the message in PBO then when you execute the program the message wil be displayed before you put any values in selection screen.

0 Kudos

Thanx for the reply ........I got my answer.

Regards,

rajiv garg

0 Kudos

Thanx for the reply ........Actually I was moving frm one screen to another and this exit is in the pPBO of the next screen . There isnt a exit in PAI of earlier screen n was trying to stop it n move back to the original screen...

As you all suggested this is not possible.. please let me kno if Iam wrong.

Regards,

rajiv garg

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

to show a message in status bar in PBO you have to use a warning message rather than error message however that will act as a success message that means program will continue after the message.

With luck,

Pritam.