cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is possible create PO from maintenance order?

Former Member
0 Kudos

From IW31 I can create a PR, and then PO in reference to PR.

Is possible create directly PO from maintenance order? how?

thx for attention

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paolo,

It is not possible to create a purchase order directly from a maintenance work order. The standard SAP process is as follows:

Create a component for external procurement on the work order - this results in the creation of a purchase requisition. The purchase requisition is then processed by the purchasing officer - the source of supply is assigned and the purchase requisition is then converted into a purchase order. If the component referenced a material master, the material may be specified on a contract/source list. In this case, the vendor and the price can be automatically deteremined during PO creation. If the material isn't on contract however, the purchasing officer may need to manually assign the correct vendor details and the price.

The assumption is that the maintenance personnel are not purchasing experts - they just place a request for the product, and manual intervention is required from the appropriate purchasing expert within the company before this request can be sent to an external vendor.

Regards,

Monika

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In my opinion it should be possible. While creating PO, use account assignment F and specify the order in tab.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I want to create PO from IW31 (maintenance order), my user now have only this transaction (IW31-2-3).

I know IW31 let me create only PR, but in my case is not necessary have this document...

So The PR generated from maintenance order can create automatically the PO? (better solution from customizing)

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

You cant create Po from IW31, as it is tcode related to PM module and creation of PO is related to MM module. It is right that PR gets created thru this code, but it gets created in MM only during saving of PM order in background.

There is no customisation available, you need to use ME21N.

Regards

suzy_bijnens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

For automatic creation of purchase order from requisitions there's a standard SAP transaction ME59. I never used it though. Hope it works for you.

Suzy