cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with KM Document iView Properties

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have changed some default properteis (ex: Authentication Scheme ) values of KM Document iView.

After upgrading the Portal to further version all changed properties values set to default again.

How can we avoid the overriding the values with defaul values?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

got the answer

benjamin_houttuin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create an custom KM Document iView TEMPLATE based on the KM Document iView Template provided by SAP. Then make the changes in that template and from then on always use that template to create iViews. This way you do not have the risk that properties get overwritten as the custom template is in your own namespace...

Good Luck,

Benjamin Houttuin

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you can use the custom template while creating iView but all the documents, which are upload through KM will be opened with SAP document iVIiew only.

If I am correct, how can we avoid this

benjamin_houttuin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> As you can use the custom template while creating iView but all the documents, which are upload through KM will be opened with SAP document iVIiew only.

>

> If I am correct, how can we avoid this

There are 2 things here:

1. iviews and iview templates that are used to point to a KM document

2. Actual KM documents (files) that are stored in KM

What do want to know about?

How to change the inheritance of an excisting iView thats based on the default SAP one?

That last bit can be done using PCD Inspector Support Tool and use this tool to change the property "com.sap.portal.pcd.gl.xfs.dl.TargetUrl" on the iView to let it point to the new custom iView template instead of the old Default SAP one...

Cheers,

Benjamin Houttuin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Benjamin,

It's not clear to me. Could you please explain in detail

1. How to create custom iView template based on SAP standard KM Document iView template

2. Where to change the properties to use the custom iView template to open the documents from KM (ex : files under KM Content -> documents folder)

Thanks

benjamin_houttuin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Folow the steps

A. http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/f5/eb50360e6a11d7b84900047582c9f7/frameset.htm

in the step 4 of this page select: iView template --> KM Document iView

B. Result...You have created an iView in the folder from which you launched the iView wizard.

The initial properties and property values defined in the new iView are a result of selections you made in the wizard and properties inherited from its source.

C. IMPORTANT By default, all new iViews are defined as non-template objects. To define an iView as a template, open it in the Property Editor, and change the value of the Object is a Template property to Yes.

Now you have a template you can reuse... you can set all the properties you like in this template.

Now you need to create an iView based on this template.

D. do the same as in A. but @ step 4 select: iView template --> Your custom KM Document iView template.

E. Finilize it... do NOT set the property Object is a Template property to Yes for this iview.

F. Open this iView and set the property: Path to document tothe required location..

example: /documents/myfolder/myfile.html

See also: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/fc/cf14bcd42911d5994400508b6b8b11/frameset.htm

Good luck,

Benjamin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Benjamin for your detailed information.

Could you please let me know the answer for my 2 quetions (where to set the property to open documents from KM Content with custom iView instead of SAP standard KM Document iVIew)

Thanks

benjamin_houttuin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My answer on both questions is in my last post, so pleas read carefully...

Benjamin