cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow triggers without triggering the release strategy

Former Member
0 Kudos

We created a PO release strategy workflow which triggers when release step is created. But when a PO is created and if its not triggering any release strategy(No release strategy tab in PO),its starting a workflow and its ending in error.When i check the event trace using SWELS,i saw Significantly changed event getting triggered.

We are using significantly changed event(Wait for event step) on one branch of fork and other branch contains the approval scenario.

Please suggest a solution for this.

Thanks,

Aparna.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I used "Release step created" event only in the basic data. Then where is the workflow going wrong?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have created it accordingly then go to SWELS switch on event trace and then release PO goto SWEL then see whether you find any handler with green signal? OR RED SIGNAL??

if not check proper binding and goto basic data tab and check whether you have activated the bindings betn method and Task.

Regards,

Purvesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try standard workflow WS20000075? Atleast have a look at it.

Best regards,

Abir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

In the first place, there is a standard WF for PO scenario which takes care of the Release strategy as well as the number of releases. It is WS20000075.

Secondly, the event which triggers is NOT 'Created' (as rightly suggested by Purvesh), it is 'ReleaseStepCreated'.

Regards,

Abir

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did not bind anything in wait for significantly changed event..

And its used in one branch of a fork..another branch contains the approval step & the single release step....Release step created event is used in the basic data.

Workflow is getting triggered for significantly changed event & its stopping there itself .Its showing no agent available in the error step.

Thanks,

Aparna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aparna,

You have used wrong event Created event triggers when you create PO you have to choose release event in basic data.This will solve your issue!

Regards,

Purvesh Patel.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'd assume that you are ending the wfllow properly in the Wait for Event step. Please check it. Also, is the binding OK in this step ?

What's the error exactly that you are getting. More details on this 'd help.

Hope this helps

venu