cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Document opening in ECL viewer from cFolders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using two different servers for R/3 (ECC 5.0) and cFolders (3.10) and linking through RFC. We have installed ECL viewer and Java components as per Note: 809922. But in cFolders, files are not opening through ECL viewer and it is throwing error. Is there any setting in cFolders to activate the ECL viewer.

Also please clarify how DC30 settings will be considered if two servers are available.

Regards,

Prasanna

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Prasanna,

Note 809922 has these settings:

Which version of ECL view are you using?

Which version of java runtime are you using?

Even after doing the changes if you cannot see the files in the viewer, install and re-install the java as well as the ECL viewer again.

Also try on some other machine. At times its just weired.

Regards,

Reema

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the error message? Which file type are you trying to open in ECL viewer

Regards,

Reema

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Reema,

Thanks for prompt reply. All file types are getting opened in native application only. If native application is not there (Like Autocad), it is prompting users to select the application. Where we do settings that files should get opened in ECL viewer. (Like DC30 setting in R/3)

Regards,

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, there is setting under DMS especially for 2D and 3D files as per Workstation application. 2D files of type dxf, tif, jpeg and 3D files of type stl could be opened by ECL viewer. If you are trying to open the application within cFolders. Go to the corresponding document, check if under "red-lining" a number "0" gets displayed (this is for the first time). If not that file is not suitable for redlining ( for example MS files like word, excel etc.). Please let me know and we would take it from there.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anantharam,

Yes. I could see the redlining "0" in files like tif etc.. But when i click it, it is showing error as "Redlining requires a local installation of the ECL viewer package. Installation was not found on your computer". But ECL viewer is available in the local machine and we can open the same in R/3 DMS. Also we have followed the process mentioned in note:1177883.

Is there any setting in cFolders environment to activate the ECL viewer.

Please note that we are having two different servers for R/3 and cFolders.

Regards,

Prasanna

former_member189058
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have yoy set the environment variables?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reema,

Could you explain me where we need to set this? (I remember few settings in System properties->Environment Variables. But i have not done those settings)

Prasanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, you can do the environment related settings under

My computer -> Properties -> Advanced -> Environment Variables

Under class path enter these things:

C:\Program Files\ECLViewerInstall\SAPViewer\java\VisWebS.jar;C:\Program Files\ECLViewerInstall\SAPViewer\java\eaisupport.jar;C:\Program Files\ECLViewerInstall\SAPViewer\java\

Under PLMVIS_51_LIBPATH;

c:\program files\eclviewerinstall\sapviewer\java

Let me know how it goes.

regards

Anantharam

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

install ecl viewer .

follow the path as given below:

goto >> C:\Program Files\ECLViewerInstall\ java

copy and paste all files of java folder in to