cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Understanding Customer Exit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I want to understand, what i can do with a customer exit.

For example:

I have a simple wad-document with one inputfield,

one button and one customer exit item.

Is it possible, to write text in the inputfield and "export"

this text via the customer exit to "some kind of global variable",

so i can use this "global variable" in an other function or

webdynpro abap coding?

Know, what i mean?

Thanks

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christopher,

I think your question does not refer to User exits at large, but the special user exit used for BI/BW variables in Queries. For this all coding is in include ZXRSRU01. And you can do a lot of things there.

But I am not sure what you intend to do. There is no problem to store data in this user exit. But where do you want to use it ?

Kind regards,

Jürgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jürgen,

here is my complete workaround. My target is, to copy cells from a excel file (strg+c) and paste it into a webdynpro table. ...

First of all, we checked all other ways. Nothing works. Functions like "clipboard_import" does not work with a browser app.

So we have the follow idea. We have a wad-document. This include the webdynpro document as a iframe or a single report object.

The WAD has a button, which get the content of the clipboard by using a implemented javascript and put it into a inputfield

in the WAD. Works fine. Now, we have to store the clipboard data in a way, we can use it in the webdynpro to append the data to

the table in the webdynpro. So the idea was, that we store it in e global variable and call this variable with abap from the webdynpro.

Best Regards

Chris

raghu_ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raghu !

Thank you for that.

Ok, in my opinion, the usage, i've descriptes is possible. Is it right, that i have to implement a abap class for the customer exit and i can give this class a value from my wad document?

Best Regards

Chris