Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple scheduled jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I'm looking for a solution for automatically run of month jobs with archiving. The solution should run about 10 reports and archive them (spool options, archive only, to content manager).

A solution could be a report that uses a setup table to find reports to run (and when) with proper selection criteria (from table).

Then BDC sessions are created and executed. Also some kind of log should be used.

Is this a possible solution? Have anyone created a similar solution?

Please feel free to suggest other solutions

Regards,

Allan Finden

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again.

It wasn't a good explanation, I'll try with a new one

1. There are about 10 reports/programs that should be executed to generate static data (government demanded reports).

2. Each program should be executed per Company Code (many company codes).

3. This should be done each month automatically -> >100 run each month.

4. This is how reports are archived today:

I. A program with proper select options/parameters is executed with "execute in background" and Archive mode = "2 Archive only" (don't know if this is a configuration or if it's standard SAP)

II. Then a new window appears and Content Manager parameters are specified. The report is then executed.

III Report is now (when finished in SM37) in Content Manager and could be retrieved by transaction OADR and parameters specified in II.

5. It's today done manual and this is too time consuming.

The idea is to create a program that creates these jobs and execute them scheduled (not all at once but over several nights). Also historical data must be generated for a few years.

Was this a better explanation? I hope someone have a good idea how to solve this task...

Regards,

Allan Finden

5 REPLIES 5

former_member212653
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Couldn't understand your requirement, can you give more details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again.

It wasn't a good explanation, I'll try with a new one

1. There are about 10 reports/programs that should be executed to generate static data (government demanded reports).

2. Each program should be executed per Company Code (many company codes).

3. This should be done each month automatically -> >100 run each month.

4. This is how reports are archived today:

I. A program with proper select options/parameters is executed with "execute in background" and Archive mode = "2 Archive only" (don't know if this is a configuration or if it's standard SAP)

II. Then a new window appears and Content Manager parameters are specified. The report is then executed.

III Report is now (when finished in SM37) in Content Manager and could be retrieved by transaction OADR and parameters specified in II.

5. It's today done manual and this is too time consuming.

The idea is to create a program that creates these jobs and execute them scheduled (not all at once but over several nights). Also historical data must be generated for a few years.

Was this a better explanation? I hope someone have a good idea how to solve this task...

Regards,

Allan Finden

0 Kudos

Hi Allan ,

do i need to create a program for this ? cannt we just create a BG jobs for each report(by using some vairants) and schedule them ?

regards

Prabhu

0 Kudos

Call the following functions:

job_open..

job_submit.

job_close.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, I think this should work. By using SPOOL PARAMETERS and ARMOD in SUBMIT.

Regards

Allan Finden