cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have some confusion as to how the delivery is created....

Here it goes....Let say i have created a sales order today ...and there are two line items ...and for one the schedule line is confirmed on 01/10/2008 and for the other it is confirmed on 18/09/2008 , and for some reason i have received the inventory today for the first line item....

If i create the delivery manually i can change the selection date to 01/10/2008 and create the delivery....but if the delivery is created through batch job i,e when the delivery due list runs...does it create the delivery tommorow (as the inventory is avaliable) or it will wait till the date when the schedule line is confirmed.....Please clarify....

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Done....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

When you save an order & if the material is available, system will confirm the quantity on the date which will be updated in schedule lines as a 2nd line item.

If the material is posted today & if you come to know the material is available today, you can re-do the availability check by clicking Check Item availability icon below the line items in the order mail screen. This will redetermienteh schedule line dates. Then you can give that new date (2nd date in schedule lines) in VL01N & create a delivery.

When the job is scheduled, delivery will be created only on the MAD. So after the material is posted in the system, if the system is configured to trigger an availability check after that, it will inturn redetermine the schedule line dates in the order. Accordingly the system will create delivery on the new MAD.

Before this, when the delivery job is scheduled, it all depends on what date the system is configured to take in VL01N. If the system is configured to dymanically take today's date in VL01N, then delivery will be created on MAD date only. If a range of dates is given, then the system will create the delivery today.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

If you run the rescheduling before, then the quantity becomes confirmed and the delivery will be created.

If not, most likeli the not confirmed item will not be included in the delivery.

You have to test it, because other settings can affect the behavior, like the "complete delivery" indicator set, or product allocation active.

Cheers,

Bea