cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use Dropdown to change variable value in BI7 Template

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I'm trying to include a dropdown box in a BI 7 web template to display a number of characteristic values. On selection, a variable should be changed to update all reports. Usually not a big problem, the dropdown can be attached to a variable.

BUT:

I would like to have control over the values being displayed in the dropdown, for which I need to attach it to a query (dataprovider). My problem now is to get the selected value and assign that to the variable. I have been able to set some arbitrary value, but not the one I selected. In addition, there are multiple queries in the web template which need to be updated, all having the same variable.

Any ideas on this?

Regards,

Tilman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not tried this but, here is a suggestion. Can try to achieve this with Javascript.

What I mean is on the action for Dropdown attach a Javascript that will change the Value of variable ?

Hope this gets you started. If I try and work out a solution will let you Post it back

Datta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your post. I was considering creating a url via javascript as well, but unfortunately, there are more than one variables in the template, so I would have to take care of potential other values too. I wouldn't know how to read these in javascript when creating the url....

Regards,

Tilman