cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EEWB: Extending BUT000 with Z Field from R/3 Table KNVV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Within R/3 we have a 'Z' field on SD table KNVV that needs to be made available to our CRM system. Can we use EEWB to map this field onto CRM Table BUT000 as the information is business partner specific.

I am unsure as to whether EEWB can only be used to map R/3 table KNA1 to BUT000?

Regards..........Ian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ian,

BUT000 is not sales area specific and the EEWB works with the BUT000 table. The KNVV equivalent is partially in table: CRMM_BUT_SET0010.

I don't really remember seing something for business partner than add new fields or add new table. Now you could use the add new table and then put the "sales org", dist chan, division channels as the key and then do some middleware exits to make it flow over at least.

I just don't see at the present moment the EEWB doing all the work for you scenario, however someone has to have an easier solution than my route.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen

Thanks for your reply. I am still not sure you know, because looking at the BUPA_MAIN Bdoc it does contain structure information that directly links back to R/3 table KNVV which to me implies that you could take a Z field from this table and map it in CRM. The question is whether we can just extend BUT000 using EEWB to do this.

Ian

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ian,

Whether or not the data was in the BDOC is not revelant to the solution. The BDOC can always be extended, the real issue is where to store the data in CRM. As I said ealier the data in the ERP system is a sales area dependent table (KNVV). The primary key is: KUNNR, VKORG, VTWEG, SPART.

In CRM BUT000 is equivalent to KNA1 which is at the header level of the partner. You can't put an attribute that is dependent via sales organization into the BUT000 table, unless you are only going to have one sales organization in ERP which is highly unlikely.

The correct approach is to either extend the sales area data view on the CRM side or add a new table for the business partner using the EEWB that would contain the sales area as the key fields. You can then map the data over.

Good luck,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen

Thanks for your very prompt and helpful reply. I understand what you are saying and it does seem as though a new table will be the way that we will have to go. Would we just extend the BUPA_MAIN Bdoc but then post details into the new table or is it more complex?

Its a shame as the Z field in KNVV is not really Sales specific. Its just another piece of master data that we hold against a certain SD customer. Why it is held on KNVV no one can quite work out, KNA1 would have seemed the better place for it but its too late now.

In R/3 the customer will be assigned to just the one Sales Org but can be assigned to one or more Dist Channels. The value held in the Z field is replicated across the two Dist Channels but of course CRM will only receive the one record as mentioned above.

Ian

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ian,

You best bet would be extend the BDOC and then unpack the field in the new table on the CRM side. Now you could cheat if the following critieria are met:

Is the z-field maintainable by end user? If not are you always guaranteed that the field will have the same value regardless of of the sales organization?

You could then "collapse" the field on the ERP side, but it is probably easier to collapse the field into a single value on BUT000. The issue though is that if you need to send the value backwards CRM-ERP you might run into issue in expanding the value.

Take care,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Stephen

Thanks again. The value is maintainable by the customer but in essence the value will always be consistent across the two Distribution Channels in R/3.

In my mind therefore I cannot see why I cannot treat this as 'non Sales' specific data and as such map it to BUT000 as:

1. We will only pass one value per customer into CRM.

2. It is not Sales specific data even though its held on KNVV.

3. This value will not be maintainable in CRM.

4. This value will not be passed back to R/3.

In addition once in CRM i would want this value to be viewable in the BP screen ideally under the 'Customer Data' tab.

Or have I completely lost the plot !!

Ian

stephenjohannes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ian,

It sounds like you would be safe to just map the field to a single value in BUT000, given you have met all the necessary requirements to ensure this will not cause an issue.

So you can add this via the EEWB and then you will have to extend the BDOC and add the middleware mapping exits to handle this effort.

Take care,

Stephen

Answers (0)