Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sampling size

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can you please suggest how a sampling size is calculated

The sampling size for a particular group is not getting calculated.The sampling size is shown as 0

As per the settings the lot size only is the sample size which in this case is not shwn for this grp.The group conter is different for the other grps(dont know if this will make a difference).

Usage decision is made.

Results recording not performed.

Please advice.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Need more info.

What wre the quantities and what is the BUOM. If you made a UD then it sounds like the sampling size was calculated as zero since if the sampling size was not calculated the lot would have a CRTD status and it would not allow a UD to be performed.

A sampling size of zero can happen when there is a mismatch between the receipted UOM and the BUOM. QM only uses the BUOM. So when this conversion is done, sometimes the sampling size is rounded to zero.

For instance. My BUOM is ton. But I reveive a 500 lbs or .25 ton. This is rounded to zero.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi craig,

thanks for the help.But the problem here is that sampling size got calculated as 0 and the UOM is same in both the cases.It is EA.The sampling procedure is maintained in the task list and sampling size shud ideally get picked from there.Can you please tell me where you find the settings to see the sampling procedure details like fixed sample size etc.It might help.Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramya,

The fixed sample is defined at QDV2.

Check the size factor for sampling procedure

Regards,

Shyamal