Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem in fetching the latest updated record.

former_member97974
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello ,

I have a program in which i am creating a BDC session and submit the same in program rsbdcsub, now the problem is that i need to capture the Field Qstate from the table APQI, its not updated instantaneously, so i am not able to get the latest value of QSTATE from updated APQI table,

I have used commit work, commit work and wait , SET UPDATE TASK LOCAL, nothing is working, only if i put wait up to '1.5' seconds before fetching the value from table APQI i get the updated Qstate, but this will create a performance issue so please suggest.

Can any one please help me resolve this problem.

Regards,

Abhinav

3 REPLIES 3

franois_henrotte
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it's quite normal that status is updated after the job is modified

and you cannot know beforehand how much time it will take to do it (even the start time is not sure because it could be delayed !)

you could select the value until it is one of a list that you expect (for example, finished or cancelled)

0 Kudos

Thanks Francios,

I am selecting the tanle APQI until i get the Qstate = 'F', in DO ENDDO loop.

former_member97974
Participant
0 Kudos

I have writen the select query in side the do and eddo loop and i come out of this loop only when the qstate is changed in the table APQI.