Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

free goods

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi all

i have aquery on alloting free goods to customer. the scenario is:

there are products X and product Y. the companies free goods policy is, if the customer is buying 10 quantity of product X, the free goods will be one quantity of X. the same is with Y also.

if the customer is buying 5 qnatity of X and 5 quantity of Y. then either they can give material X or Y as free goods.

how this scenario will be configured in free goods determination in SAP. if not in free goods is there any other area in which it can be done?

Regards

Rag

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Free goods can only be supported on a 1:1 ratio. This means that an order item can lead to a free goods item.

Agreements in the following form are not supported: u2018With material 1, material 2 and material 3 are free of chargeu2018 or u2018If material 1 and material 2 are ordered at the same time, then material 3 is free of chargeu2018.

You may think of BOM.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi prashanth

if u have an idea of how to create the above scenario with the help of BOM can u help me

regards

rag

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

in this scenario u have to take the help of abap people u can maintain the user exits for that

Normally u can give the free goods internal and external only.

in standard SAP that is not posible for the mixing the products and the free of charge items

regards,

sridhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun

I thought it may be possible in Variant Configuration. Because in variant configuration we will create charaterstics.When we raise a sales order for x or y material then it will triggers pop of Characterstics

Check out this one time its my idea about this..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Hi there,

your 1st part of the question is possible by free goods determination. Check if your customer wants inclusive or exclusive.

But for a scenario like when the customer buys 5 items of X & 5 items of Y, either X or Y is free is not possible by standard SAP.

What you can suggest is that if the customer buys 5 quantity of X, they can give 1 item of Y free & vice versa.

You need to check if any customized logic is possible.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi tarun

Its not possible in standard sap.

Because free goods is only given in 1:1 ratio

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Free goods having two types

1)Inclusive 2)Exclusive

And for both the method there is calculation rule ie

1)Pro rata 2)Reference unit 3)Whole unit 4)Your own rule

With above details you can map your process.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tarun,

As per my understanding you need to give free good with respective qt. of same good.

For that you need to have defined the condition techniques for free goods.

Next to determine item cat. For free goods.

We can create free goods condition record in T code VBN1.

Free goods can be maintained as either inclusive or exclusive.

Specify a validity period for the free goods agreement.

You can specify a minimum quantity for which free goods is to be granted.

You can define different rules for determining the free goods quantity: proportional, related to number of units, only for whole units.

In this way create a condition record so that free goods will be applicable for particular qt.

Regards,

Sachin