cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting an Error WIJ20002 while trying to create a webi report in infoview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are getting an error " The Webintelligence Report Panel cannot connect to the server.Close the report panel and try to connect again or see your Business Objects Administrator ( WIJ20002)" only for a single universe.

Please suggest how can we fix this error.

Regards

Chaitanya

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem....

When I try to make a new report in Infoview and select a universe, I get the WIJ 20002 error:

Server: http://localhost:80/wiasp/bin/BODocGenISAPI.dll?

java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot load DS; no ID set

at com.bo.wp.om.OMDataProvider.getDataSource(OMDataProvider.java:192)

at com.bo.wp.tc.TCMain.newDocument(TCMain.java:807)

at com.bo.wp.tc.TCMain.initDocument(TCMain.java:649)

at com.bo.wp.tc.TCMain.initClient(TCMain.java:1253)

at com.bo.wp.tc.thread.InitAppletRunner.run(InitAppletRunner.java:82)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

I am using:

BO 6.5

IIS 6

MS SQL Server

ODBC Firebird connection

I allready tried :

- IIS activate Execute Permissions:Change that to Scripts and executables by u2018wiaspu2019, u2018wiasp->binu2019

- Java JRE version try going back to 1.4.2.

- allowed 'All ISAPI extensions' in IIS

- firewall off

- Importrights Universe (I am working als general supervisor)

- successfully test the document and universe domain connections at Supervisor

- see also post:

-[|]

- [http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=57991&highlight=wij20002|http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=57991&highlight=wij20002]

Can someone help me?

Thanx!

Jan

ps. I am new here: Hi to everyone!

Edited by: Jan vd Tempel on Sep 19, 2008 10:53 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Issue normally happens if you have an unsupported JRE version. Kindly check if the JRE version you are using is same on both Client and server or not.

If they are not then get the JRE version on server and client to same level.This should resove your issue.

Also let me know in whiche version of BO you are facing the error?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

Thanks for the reply. I am using BO version 6.5. I am able to create reports on other universes thru java report panel but not only with this particular universe. My java is up to date and I am able to access java report panel for other universes.

I am able to create reports on full client using the same universe that is causing the actual problem.

Could you please suggest ways we can fix the error?

Regards

Chaitanya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please try deleting the universe from the repository, run a scan and repair, and then re-export a local copy to the repository.

Kashif

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am giving you couple of scenario based on which this error might occur.I include below a selection of what would seem to be the more relevant ones in your case. Please review these and try the suggested solutions and then let us know the outcome in each case.

Scenario1:

When creating a new document based on linked universes in InfoView 6.5.x, the following error message appears:

"The WebIntelligence Java Report Panel cannot connect to the server. Close the report panel and try to connect again or see your BusinessObjects administrator. (Error: WIJ 2002)."

When you click on details, the following error message appears:

"java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot load DS; no ID set

at com.bo.wp.om.OMDataProvider.getDataSource(OMDataProvider.java:192)

at com.bo.wp.tc.TCMain.newDocument(TCMain.java:807)

at com.bo.wp.tc.TCMain.initDocument(TCMain.java:649)

at com.bo.wp.tc.TCMain.initClient(TCMain.java:1253)

at com.bo.w.tc.thread.InitAppletRunner.run(InitAppletRunner.java:82)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)"

Resolution:

In Supervisor, the user does not have the Import Universe right in the designer.

Enable the Import Universe right for the user, and ensure they have rights at the user and group level.

-

Scenario2:

In BusinessObjects version 6.5, when attempting to create a new WebIntelligence report using the Java Query Panel, one of the following error messages appears:

"The Web Intelligence Java Report Panel cannot connect to the server. Close the report panel and try to connect again or see your Business Objects Administrator (Error: WIJ 20002)"

or

u201CWeb Intelligence cannot retrieve this document due to a server problem or an error in the document structure. See your Business Objects Administrator".

Also, the bottom of the Java applet window states Launching new document.

Resolution:

The error messages occur because either the universe file name contains an ampersand character (u201C&u201D) in the name or the .unv or .unw files used by the Java Query Panel have become corrupted.

To resolve the error messages

Navigate to <installation directory>:/Business Objects/BusinessObjects Enterprise 6/nodes/<server name>/<cluster name>/universes/.

Remove the .unv file for the derived universe.

Navigate to <installation directory>: /Business Objects/BusinessObjects Enterprise 6/nodes/<server name>/<cluster name>/universes/<universe domain name>/ucdz.

Remove the .unw file for the derived universe.

Remove the ampersand character ("&") from the universe name.

-

Scenario3:

Problem:

Error: "The WebIntelligence Java Report Panel cannot connect to the server. Close the report panel and try to connect again or see your BusinessObjects administrator. (Error: WIJ 20002)" when you try to open the Java Report Panel.

Resolution:

****CONFIGURATION*****

WebIntelligence version 6.1b

Windows 200 Server SP4

IIS 5

JDK 1.42_03

**********SYMPTOMS******

You try to open the Java Report Panel and you receive the following error:

"The WebIntelligence Java Report Panel cannot connect to the server. Close the report panel and try to connect again or see your BusinessObjects administrator. (Error: WIJ 20002)"

*********CAUSE*************

You do not have the correct permissions to access files from the wiasp virtual directory. The virtual directory and all sub-directories were initially configured to use "Scripts only" or "None".

*********RESOLUTION*****

Here are the steps to follow:

1. Open the Internet Information Services Manager Console.

2. Expand the "Default Web Site" and "wiasp" directories.

3. Right-click each of the following directories, and in Properties for each, set the respective value for Execute Permissions:

scripts = "Scripts"

viewers = "Scripts"

bin = "Scripts and Executables"

classes = "Scripts"

onlineguides = "Scripts"

help = "Scripts"

distribution = "Scripts" or "None"

-

Scenario4:

Problem:

Error: "WebIntelligence Java Report Panel cannot connect to the server (WIJ 20002)" when attempting to create a new report

Resolution:

****CONFIGURATION*****

WebIntelligence 6.5.x

**********SYMPTOMS******

You attempt to create a new report using the Java panel based on a universe. The universe list appears as expected, but upon selecting the universe you receive an error similar to the following:

"The WebIntelligence Java Report Panel cannot connect to the server. Close the report panel and try to connect again or see your BusinessObjects administrator. (WIJ 20002)"

There is a connectivity issue to the universe and/or document domain. The universe list is still displayed because that information is cached.

*********RESOLUTION*****

Here are the steps to follow:

1. Log into Supervisor as a General Supervisor.

2. Go to Tools > Repository to open the Repository Management dialog where domain connections are listed.

3. Test the document and universe domain connections and update where needed to establish connectivity.

-

Scenario5:

Problem:

Error: "WIJ 20002" when launching the Java Report Panel on a Windows 2003 Server.

Resolution:

****CONFIGURATION*****

WebIntelligence version 6.5

Windows 2003

IIS 6

**********SYMPTOMS******

You launch the Java Report Panel on a Windows 2003 Server and receive the following error:

The WebIntelligence Java Report Panel cannot connect to the server. Close the report panel and try to connect again or see your Business Objects administrator. (Error: WIJ 20002).

This error message appears because ISAPI (Internet Server Application Program Interface) extensions are disabled by default on IIS 6.

*********RESOLUTION*****

Here are the steps to follow to enable ISAPI extensions:

1. Click Start > All Programs > Administrative Tools > Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.

2. Expand the "" beside the server name by clicking the "" icon.

3. Select "Web Service Extensions."

4. Select "All Unknown ISAPI Extensions" from the right pane and click "Allow."

5. Restart the IIS web server.

-

-

I know it's a bit long but i hope this will help you to some extent in troubleshooting WIJ2002 Error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumya,

Thanks so much for providing the best information.

The Java Exception that was given in the scenario 1 was similar to what we received in the error details. But our universe is not a linked universe. And, could you please let me know enabling "Import universe" privilege would enable to access to designer?

Because, this problem is being observed in our production environment and all our production users are offered only "versatile" privilege which does not have access to designer.

Please clarify.

Thanks again.

Chaitanya