cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning time fence

Former Member

Dear Guru's,

Please let me know how planning time fence is calculated in Materials planning? I mean to say from where the planning time fence starts? This time we are maintaining in material master hence we could calculate the end date. If possible please describe with example.

Regards,

Yogesh

Edited by: Yogesh Raut on Sep 17, 2008 1:29 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Thanks for the reply. Please clear one more doubt.

From when or from which date we should consider the start of the planning time fence? Suppose I create PIR for 3 months i.e. for september 2008 - 100 pcs; oct2008 - 100 pcs; nov2008 - 100 pcs. Mrp will give me one planned order for 300pcs. How planning time fence will work here? OR from when it is started?

If possible please give me steps to manage planning time fence in the system.

regards,

Yogesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

System will create 3 planned orders not a single planned order.

Assume planning time fence is 10 days. System calculates this days from MRP run date.

If you run MRP today, planning time fence 10 days starts from today onwards.

If you run MRP tomorrow, planning time fence 10 days starts from tomorrow onwards.

Regards,

Dharma

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Please note system will create 3 planned orders

Suppose that planning time fence is Ex. 25 days.From the date of MRP run, system will consider the planning time fence as 25 days onward.

Planning time fence is this time period in which system will not disturb the current plannng situation.Only manual changes are allowed.

Deciding no days in planning time fence , you have to take into consideration of normally your production cycle time.

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply ny problem is solved.

Regards,

Yogesh

aravind_sankar
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rupesh,

I am also having some doubt regarding ths planning time fence-

I have created PIR for  3 months and 100 qty each.  And i set Planning time fence as 10 days.  System generated 3 planned orders as per the PIR. 

After that again i changed the PIR to 200 qty each.  Run MRP. System created 3 new planned orders for 200 each.

According to the Planning time fence 10 days, system should not create the new planned orders for the material after mrp run for coming 10 days. am i wrong or not???

Can you explain??

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks dear Rupesh For solving my problem.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Deciding no. days in planning time fence , you have to take into consideration of normally your production cycle time.

So that once if you start the production , there will not be any disturbance to your orders.

Fence is the boundory with in which you donot want the system to change any elements when youn run MRP

Rule is purely your business call.As per your business how many dayes from today you donot want to change the production plan, if changed will cost you very high cost or non desiarble products(scrap).

The Planning time fence is given in number of working days

Hope clear to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Planning time fence is the time period in which system will not disturb the current plannng situation .

The duration shown the MD61(selection screen] is the planning horizon. If you enter any date outside the planning horizon system will issue a warning message indicating the same.

Thanks