cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Record key and Line number

Former Member
0 Kudos

- What are the uses of 'record key' and 'line number' in the DTW template?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

So It is like indexing the records? okie..

Let me tell you a scenario. Please tell me what would be the result.

scenario 1:

Items to be uploaded: 200

number of templates: 2 ( 100 items per template)

I define the record key 1- 100 for the 100 items in the first template

I also define the record key 1-100 (not 101 -200) in the second template

In this attempt, what will be the result? will the second template items update the first template items?

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If 100 items are import twice using same record key, the result is entry exist in the table error message. It will not success to import the data. you won;t be able to import but only update.

if 200 items are different but you also still use the same record key, the error message will still as same as above.

Rgds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

If u select update existing option in DTW it will update exist records(Note: if u do not post any document link with those records). In SAP U will get only last 100 records what u updated. If u are not selected the Update option it will give error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vijay,

Check the following link, which explains you DTW in detail:

[https://websmp201.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700002232642006E.PDF]

You need an SUserId to access this file.

If you dont have it send an email to rohithasri(at)gmail and I'll send you the file.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

'Record key' is a unique one. U have to use the same 'record key' to update the existing records. for Ex. U uploading a new BP record with customer name XYZ. U missed out the pincodes.. u can use same record to update otherwise it will give error or it will create a new record.

Line number is a Normal one which is more than one record.

By

Kalai

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

record key is an Entry key that uniquely identifies the record. For example you have more than one data, so using the record key it will be helpful to identity by system in the documents, master data and other transactions.

line number is Line number in the record lines. So, if one record have more than one number, you must use line number.

Both are not exposed to SBO UI. you could only see them in the table directly or using query.

Rgds,