cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign a printer to an output type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We would like to assign a new printer to an output type , application type V4. The issue is that this application isn't in NACE and we can't find this output type in transaction VV23 or in other output transactions, but the output type exists in table TNAPR and is functional(is used in production).

Do you have any ideas on how we can assign the new printer to the output type?

Thanks in advance,

George

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run transaction VP01SHP under "Maintain print parameters"you can find Shipping(spc.case---V4).

Once you click on your output type you will be entering into assignment part,here you assign your output device to shipping point.

Please let me know incase if you need further help.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much. Problem solved and points awarded.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If you have already created the condition record, then go to the change mode VV22, else use VV21 to create new. Enter the partner number, medium ...etc.. select the line and click the Communication method button on top. Maintain the printer name in the output device filed and check print immediately, if required. Maintain other details as per your requirement.

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Prase,

Thanks for your reply.

However, in VV22, we can't see that output type altough it still is in the system(in table TNAPR) and is used for production printing.

Any other suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you maintain an output type condition record? Which condition type?

Prase

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, it is maintained. The output type is working just fine. We need to change the printer associated with it. However, we can't find it in VV22 or NACE. Is there another transaction to change the associated printer?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try SPAT T.code.

Regards,

Chandra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chandra,

I don't see any connection between SPAT and our issue. The issue was to assign the printer to the output type, I can't see any way that SPAT might accomplish this.Thanks anyway.

George

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per my knowledge we don't assign printer directly to the output type.

We assign printer to output device ( LP01 or LOCL) and we maintain output device in output condition records.

system defaults front end printer in output device.

Take BASIS consultant help.

Regards,

Chandra