cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

int / ext no ranges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please let me know which would be better option for no. ranges weather its external or internal (2-4 lacs raw mat and 6-8 lacs of finisehd goods). Also let me know the advantages and disadvantages with both types since the client is insisting the same.

RB

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I Would Suggest you to go for Internal Number Assignment.

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_03/helpdata/EN/e8/7e7e05663611d1949200a0c92f024a/frameset.htm

Regards,

Ashok

dhrubacharan_behera
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is advantages & Disadvantages of both types of number ranges.But depending upon ur business scenario it need to be used.In case of external number range if you have any logic of codification according to material types or groups it is wiser to use the external number range as for a particular range you can identify the material type or the nature of materials. But in case of internal number range irrespective of material type the number will be generated in sequence .In this case it may happen that the last number may be of X material type and the next number be of Y material type and u do not have much control on it.

Hence if you have a schema for codification of material ,better to use external number range .If not than internal number range can be used.

Dhruba

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

In internal number range, the system will automatically define the number and in a proper sequence to all the documents..

While in the external number range, You define the number range, but it may be hapazard...so may become difficult to search by sequence if req....

Here you can provide d numbers as per your req. but in internal you can't ....

Regards

Priyanka.P

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

It entirely depends on the business requirements.

some businesses go for internal number range and some external number range. Internal number range for other material numbers and for Finish material type it will be external.

Some modify the number range according to there R&D developments with coding of material numbers and they keep it internal number range.

Thanks & Regards,

kiran