Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen fields

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Is there any different ways of finding screen fields and tables in a transaction (ex : FB03 transaction - need to capture all fields and exact db tables), Apart from F1 help.

Any other methods .Please let mme know

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can always go to SE93, and with your tcode, find the program. In FB03 is SAPMF05L. After that, go to SE80 and look at program/screen entered. I usualy look to the top include, where you can see the DB tables declared. And also find for SELECT statements.

When you press F1 and it's a structure field, you can use where-used-list for the database tables where the data element is used (not the field itself).

Regards,

Valter Oliveira.

6 REPLIES 6

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

in menu goto system - status of ur transaction and get the program name.

now open SE80 and give tht program name.

u will get all tables used in that program.

or u can use GET_TABLES function module.

valter_oliveira
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can always go to SE93, and with your tcode, find the program. In FB03 is SAPMF05L. After that, go to SE80 and look at program/screen entered. I usualy look to the top include, where you can see the DB tables declared. And also find for SELECT statements.

When you press F1 and it's a structure field, you can use where-used-list for the database tables where the data element is used (not the field itself).

Regards,

Valter Oliveira.

0 Kudos

Hi,

sometimes it shows that no data element found in databse.in this case how can I do?

Regards

0 Kudos

As I said, in those cases I usualy look to the top include, where you can see the DB tables declared and also find for SELECT statements.

Regards,

Valter Oliveira.

P.S. Also remembered that sometimes the fields are not in database tables ... they are calculation results!

Former Member
0 Kudos

go to system>status>screen_no

then go to layout

u will get the screen field name

0 Kudos

Hi,

There also sometimes it shows structure fields

Regards