cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reference personnel number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Recently we got into the upgraded ECC6.0 and found an error with IT0031. We are no more able to assign a reference personnel number as it throws an error saysing that 'pernr cannot be assigned'. It used to work in the old system but not in the new ECC 6.0.

Does anything got changed in the new version which need to get adopted to make this work. Please advice.

Regards,

Sunil Kumar V

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member181966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at Note 1226382 - IT0031: Data copied despite error message

Symptom

You try to use the infotype 0031 ("Reference Personnel Numbers") to link two personnel numbers. When you try to save your data, the system issues error message HR_CENTRAL_PERSON 002 ("Employees could not be linked.") because there are already several links to other objects for the personnel numbers you entered.

Despite this error message, the system copies the data from one personnel number (for example, "Personal Data" (IT0002)) to the other personnel number. This is incorrect

^Saquib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr Khan,

That was a great information.

Going to little details into the issue I have, is there any limitations in assigning a reference personnel number to IT0031 that either of the personnel numbers should not have a record in IT0105( subty: 0001).

When the employee and the reference employee both have records in IT0105 then I can see a error message while assignment. When I deleted a record in IT0105 of that of the referenced personnel number I could see a successful assignment. Can you cinfirm the same.

Regards,

Sunil Kuamar.